Doors opening...how?

Apologies if this has already been asked in this forum, if so I can't find it.

Nowhere can I find if the doors open on the stock aircraft, and if so how it is done.

The controls and assignment pages don't mention it, I even bought the Sofly 222 page manual but no mention there.

Any help?

Bob.

I would like to add to stinger2k2's response that you have to request ground service from the tower using the radio while parked at a gate. If you request a jetway, then the main door opens, if you request a baggage delivery or food service then the lower baggage doors open for the delivery, etc. It is entirely different f

I would like to add to stinger2k2's response that you have to request ground service from the tower using the radio while parked at a gate. If you request a jetway, then the main door opens, if you request a baggage delivery or food service then the lower baggage doors open for the delivery, etc. It is entirely different f

WE do not have instant replay any longer either. for now. also you can no longer increase rate of sim. but slew is still around lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

I’m sure we’ll be able to open doors soon, but it won’t be a priority. We used to be able to open them on one or two aircraft so the feature will be back.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

• 1 month later...
Apologies if this has already been asked in this forum, if so I can't find it.

Nowhere can I find if the doors open on the stock aircraft, and if so how it is done.

The controls and assignment pages don't mention it, I even bought the Sofly 222 page manual but no mention there.

Any help?

Bob.

I think this was my very first question about MSFS :) since this is a feature I missed inmediately.

I had no idea you can open the airliners' doors through a specific procedure (I do never use them), but it's quite clear you can't on any other stock aircraft.

There are already, though, a couple 3rd party add-ons (the Jabiru, the Seminole, maybe more?) which feature animated doors, so not all hope is lost!!

BTW, my #2 question was about splash effects and a reasonably realistic movement while landed on water. Stock Icon A5 is awful in that sense, let's hope someone comes out with a decent sea plane soon!!

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

We used to be able to open them on one or two aircraft so the feature will be back.

Only one or two? If you mean in FSX, FS9, etc. I'd say you could open doors on all aircraft using Shift+E, couldn't you? :confused:

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Only one or two? If you mean in FSX, FS9, etc. I'd say you could open doors on all aircraft using Shift+E, couldn't you? :confused:

I was referring to MSFS, a few months ago.

& yes, in FSX you could open pretty much all of them

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles