I am not sure if I want to up grade my computer or get an X-Box. I know nothing about XBox, which one to buy Xbox S or Xbox X. Is there a site or forum for Xbox? I would like to find out about Xbox and how they work, and when Fs2020 will come to Xbox. I SHOULD HAVE XBOX SAID IN THE US.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Rich

Edited by Rich Ace
Rich is always flying low and fast.

I am not sure if I want to up grade my computer or get an X-Box. I know nothing about XBox, which one to buy Xbox S or Xbox X. Is there a site or forum for Xbox? I would like to find out about Xbox and how they work, and when Fs2020 will come to Xbox. I SHOULD HAVE XBOX SAID IN THE US.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Rich

It's the Xbox Series X (NOT the Xbox One X) that you're looking for. All the details can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-series-x/8wj714n3rbtl

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Is FS2020 a work in progress?

6 months or 1 year away?

Too early for computer build?

X plane 11 better?

Like X-Plane, Microsoft Flight Simulator is (at present) being updated and improved upon. This is something X-Plane users have enjoyed for over 20 years.

6 months or 1 year away?

It's available to purchase now.

Not at all. The basic requirements are not going to change. In fact if anything, performance will only improve.

X plane 11 better?

They both excel in different areas. From my own experience, they compliment each other nicely.

Interesting. Can one use HOTAS controls with X-Box Series X?

So they say, eventually if not right away. There are two USB ports as standard and it may be possible to plug USB hubs into these for flight controllers. If the sim recognises the controller, the Xbox should too.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

How close to sweet spot is the following build? I do not plan to overclock. 1st build

MOTHERBOARD GIGABITE H370 HD3 $100

CPU INTEL I9700K 289

VIDEO CARD GTX 1660S 234

RAM CORSAIR VENGEANCE 32TB 132

PSU ANTEC 650 WATTS MODULAR 80

CASE CORSAIR CARBIDE 200R 85

SSD MV2E ADDA 2TB 234

COOLER MUGEN 5 50

WINDOWS 10 100

This smacks of piracy to me...Windows 10 for $18 does not sound legit.

Most of the time it isn’t. Between stolen credit cards (sometimes used to support less than legitimate groups), selling volume licenses not meant for retail and outright theft of product keys, those sites aren’t the best place to buy from. Yes, the key may work today and next month, but Microsoft regularly blacklists keys and you may wake up to find your install is no longer activated.

ghembree,

The I7-9700K should be fine.

If you can get it to fit your case, I would strongly recommend a RTX-2060super. The 1660supper will work, but you will be limited by the GPU performance.

That is 32GB not TB for ram. That should be plenty! I am using about 11GB running the sim. It should be 3000 or 3200 speed ram, and use XMP settings.

You don't mention what monitor you are using? These suggestions would apply for a 1080p monitor. If you run a 1440p monitor, you will probably need an RTX-2070super. If you plan to run a 4K monitor, then you really need to wait until the RTX-3080 gets out with the capacitor problem resolved (several manufacturers tried to substitute a cheaper capacitor in a key location resulting in many problems), and an I9-10900 would be a much better choice! Those more powerful GPU cards may require a larger case, and will need a larger power supply.

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Yes very much so, but that seems to be the way all software companies are doing things nowadays. I for one am glad they released it early, because of all the hype and it saved me from wasting money on P3D v5. Also remember that the venerable FSX also had two or three significant updates in the year following release before it became the enduring legend.

6 months or 1 year away?

I'd wager it will be a year before we have a smooth-running next-gen flight sim that will please 90% of the flight-sim community. There will always be 10% that will never be satisfied, no matter what. They will stick to X-Plane, P3D or perhaps even FS9.

No, it is amazing how well MSFS runs on even modest hardware, by all the accounts I have seen so far. It seems your internet connection is more important.

X plane 11 better?

In my opinion, definitely not. I became an X-Plane convert when version 11 was released, but to me X-Plane now looks like the cartoon version of MSFS. I will keep X-Plane 11 simply because of the add-ons I have bought for it, but in future my money will be spent on MSFS.

i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit

So they say, eventually if not right away. There are two USB ports as standard and it may be possible to plug USB hubs into these for flight controllers. If the sim recognises the controller, the Xbox should too.

Thanks - I guess we will have to wait and see.

Edited by johnost
misspell

How close to sweet spot is the following build? I do not plan to overclock. 1st build

MOTHERBOARD GIGABITE H370 HD3 $100

CPU INTEL I9700K 289

VIDEO CARD GTX 1660S 234

RAM CORSAIR VENGEANCE 32TB 132

PSU ANTEC 650 WATTS MODULAR 80

CASE CORSAIR CARBIDE 200R 85

SSD MV2E ADDA 2TB 234

COOLER MUGEN 5 50

WINDOWS 10 100

I’m assuming the cpu is an i7-9700?

Sounds good to me. I would put in a more powerful PSU though rather than a 650w - maybe 750w a or 850w. That way you are covered in case you want to upgrade the graphics card at some point

Also if you decided to go for the even better i9 processor (as Plainsman has suggested) you would need a different motherboard

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

IMHO if you're going with that powerful a supply, might as well get a better, higher powered graphics card from the start?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx