Having problems with real world weather

windqaz

Hi Everybody.

I am having problems with Real World weather. When I click on it, it tells me that I "don't have internet connection, please check your internet". Yet I have internet connection to any other site. What can be the problem?

Windqaz

Interesting, I miss having real weather, I'll have to check out FXReal. Has real weather also stopped working in FSX?

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Ok change tact,

is version 3.0 payware? So confusing with this add-on.

Hello JSMR

You are right it is very confusing .

I use FSXreal weather PRO which is in the archive section .

I have used this particular version for many years until recently when it got deleted during a reinstall of W10.

Sadly it had disappeared from the downloads at the FXreal website(archive section).(Much hiss and boo)...But! HOORAH it became available again quite recently.

In my opinion FXrealweather PRO is better than LITE ,AND 3.0 as well .

VERSION 3.0 is i 'believe' payware and on first use it shows a thirty day trial period...however on using the program a number of times that thirty day trial doesn't decrease it just stays at thirty days.

FXrealweather PRO Is Iam sure the freeware version ,but that does display a fifteen day trial period and that DOES decrease with daily use .I am not sure what happens when i reach zero days, but I 'THINK' you can still use it .

Confusing or what?

Anyways FXrealweather lite is definitely free.

Fxrealweather PRO i am pretty sure is free.

FXReal 3.0 is i think the payware version.

IMO opinion having tried all those versions FXrealweather PRO is my favoured choice.

One criticism of all versions is the some times ultra wild wind changes in speed and direction and consequently rapid instant drops or increases in aircraft speeds which can lead to you being hurled around the sky in a most disconcerting manner (i don't believe this is meant to be simulated extreme turbulence/wind shear either but maybe....) if it is then i would not like to experience the real thing.

All in all a good weather addon though and with improvements i would probably be prepared to buy.

Gawd ! What a carry on. :)

Cheers Andy

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

Ok I have the 3.0 version which I downloaded. So far still saying 31 days left but maybe it started at 32 days. lol.

Yeah confusing how it works. But I believe with one I had in the past - maybe it was PRO too? Or Version 2.0 - you needed to get a serial key by joining the support forums. Which I recall meant the payware version then became a free payware version or something??

Its always been a confusing product. But it works mostly but I always have SOME issues with it not displaying the METAR correctly.

And I can never get the flight plan to display the info of any add-on aircraft in my sim. Using the aircraft editor. Is that payware only?