Is there any way to uninstall an update?

I'm not certain what I need to do but the latest update with the Japan hoorah and 7.9 gig of changes has had a negative effect on the stability of my aircraft. Prior to it, the Cessna 172 and 152 flew identical to the real thing. I have no experience flying the rest in real life but they seemed to function in a fashion one would expect a stable aircraft to fly. Now they bounce around in a totally unrealistic flight experience.

I was beginning to enjoy flying MSFS but the new update has totally ruined the flight experience. I haven't notice anyone else complaining so I am assuming there is something in my set-up that now needs to be tweaked. Either that or is there a way to back out the update?

Thanks in advance for any help on this

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Now they bounce around in a totally unrealistic flight experience.

In your General settings, has your flight mode changed from Modern to Legacy? If so, try changing it back to Modern.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

In your General settings, has your flight mode changed from Modern to Legacy? If so, try changing it back to Modern.

That was my thought too. Checked it though and it was still "Modern"

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Probably related to your setup, but who knows. If you have any aircraft or sim mods, perhaps try removing them to get the sim as vanilla as possible and go from there. If that still doesn't work, you may have to think about reinstalling.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Before re-installing, go to your Windows 10 Settings/Apps & features/Microsoft Flight Simulator and select Advanced options. In that window, scroll down and select Repair.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Was thinking I would try reinstalling. The exaggerated response to pretend air currents it frustrating. Especially since it was working well before. WIll look for the repair option first though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Every update comes with new problems (ok, this program is in development), but this one has serious elevation problems around the world, and after 6 days no explanation from developers, when the community has published solutions yet.

PROBLEMS:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/spikes-on-terrain-and-and-mesh-problems-global/338732

SOLUTIONS:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/community-solutions-to-spikes-elevated-rivers-and-other-arctifacts-open/342367