Landing at EGPM

Rupert

Recently someone posted about flying into EGPM and not feeling good about the coverage. So I thought I'd take a look with P3D. I found it looked pretty good. Not great but pretty good.

Michael

1 Oil Storage near EGPM.jpg

2 Head shot.jpg

3 Approach 24 EGPM.jpg

4.jpg

5 Rollout Downsized.jpg

6 Taxi.jpg

7 Taxi to Park Downsized.jpg

8 Parked at EGPM  Really downsized again!!.jpg

Man! I'm shocked how much these shots have to be downsized way out in the boonies!! It's even worse over cities!!:eek:

Are you folks posting in 2020 having that problem as well?

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nice pics. of the Shetlands Michael. :cool: Didn't see any of those little ponies though. :)

The Max bit size for a picture posted here is 488.3 KB.

Having been there RW, I know ponies don't hang around near airports, refineries, or pretty much anywhere else they might have to contact humans except on their terms!!

And yes, I'm painfully aware of the posting size limitations!! :eek::eek: And I also understand at the cost of hardware to even host a site like this, we who use it are hugely blessed and lucky!! Having said that when I look at how far away many of my posts appear with online limitations compared to what they look like when I "fly", it often just frustrates me!!

My question is does the new sim manage to include decent content without consuming so much data that seeing tour post/s might make you feel like you're looking at them through a pair of binoculars backwards[/b[B]] compared to what I see on one screen, much less three?

I certainly hope after all these years they have learned to use techniques to reduce the data requirements! If so, I'd be much happier to rent their product.

Edited by Rupert

I don’t know , the shots look really good to me :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Rupert, fantastic shots! And truly completelly different lanscape compared to what I experienced while being there in new MSFS :) Runway 06 was completely impossible to land on due to massive hills right infront of the runway.

I've been there RW, and this is much closer to how it does look!! The shot in your post that really got me was the, I'm assuming road, that would certainly turn a motor vehicle upside down! :eek::confused:

Having said that, I have yet to find any software, including photo-real which I won't run because the frame rate is sooooo slow, that nails every place. And I'm sure, like ORBX, P3D, etc. the new Microsoft product will evolve at least while it's still supported. I'm still unhappy they quit supporting FSX and Windows 7. If I didn't already own them, I'd be without what I paid for!!

And yes I still sometimes fly FSX and my wife still runs her computer on 7 only because she hates all the extra ads X gains every time it has a mandatory "update." The last mandatory "update" to X I had to get recently increased the add content by probably another 50%!! You can't even play Free Cell without ads!

Michael

Edited by Rupert

Hi Michael,

Great shots...love how barren it is (loved it as a kid in Scotland).

What do you use for resizing your images?

Cheers

Dominic

Thanks Dom. I use Microsoft Paint. It's quick and easy.