Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DC3 turboprop

Along with the Fs2004 Turbo prop theme.. To complete our DC-3's how about one of those tri-turbo DC-3's..

here.. http://dc3dakotahistory.org/turbo-po...i-turbo-three/
    & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conroy_Tri-Turbo-Three

THAT could be fun..
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

It isn't that bad.

I just said, I let them flying as AI. Until I killed sound and panel, it was a normal aircraft. It would be disrespectful to say something else.

Bernard

@ Mr. Gibson

You wrote "You can use a flyable plane for AI, just don't use too many of them."

Why NOT so many.

My AI has >200 ORIGINAL planes, NOT special AI planes, active flying at any time and I encounter NO problems.

I have for every plane my own FDE ..

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

I would think Tom meant that if you use a lot of flyable planes for AI then you are more likely to find one that doesn't work. And it usually doesn't work by not landing where it is supposed to land while you are watching for it, and then is on the parking spot by magic when you next look there. That's my experience anyway. Tom has a bunch of planes that all come in two versions, flyable and AI only.

Aren't AI only aircraft easier on the frame rates, also?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Aren't AI only aircraft easier on the frame rates, also?
    Native AI for sure. But the flying world would be rather poor while just using such aircraft. Especially in a retro or vintage environment. Like Guenter Kirschstein I use more than 1,500 "stearable" aircraft, ships, helicopters, cars, and balloons as AI. The only thing I couldn't got in the air is the Bristol Sycamore.

Bernard

I have found that as long as you use a few flyable planes at any given airport they are fine. But if you are using dozens at a large airport like KLAX or KJFK I do see a frame rate hit. That said, others have told me they see no frame rate hit, so I assume it must be computer dependent.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

@ Mr. Gibson,

I ALWAYS keep my FS9 on a separate drive and EVEN on a DIFFERENT HD Controller on the Motherboard as my Windows XP is on a separate HD as well.

As soon SSD became available, I used the SMALLEST SSD (SATA 3)for my Windows XP and the LARGEST SSD (SATA 3)for my FS9. After having worked on the FIRST HD for Computers in 1961, 10 MIO characters TOTAL Capacity on 50 platters and each platter 3 feet in Diameter, I was so happy that the SSD Technology came along ..

SSD is and can be the solution for many FS-simmers ESPECIALLY after the tremendous price drop.
    No STUTTER , NO nothing with over 200 AI aircrafts active at 3 different airport with the closest is 6 miles away, PBI and the most distanced is , FLL, 35 miles away.

So the AI Traffic Control Module has to control all AI airplanes because the are all in the 60 NM radius within AI.

Monsieur Bernard, I can NOT find the Sycamour Heli in any Library.

So tell me where it is and I fix it for you.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Default DC-3 Turboprop

What would be nice would be a C-117 Skytrain as well as a Basler Turbo conversion

Quote Originally Posted by GKKnupper View Post
    @ Mr. Gibson,

I ALWAYS keep my FS9 on a separate drive and EVEN on a DIFFERENT HD Controller on the Motherboard as my Windows XP is on a separate HD as well.

As soon SSD became available, I used the SMALLEST SSD (SATA 3)for my Windows XP and the LARGEST SSD (SATA 3)for my FS9. After having worked on the FIRST HD for Computers in 1961, 10 MIO characters TOTAL Capacity on 50 platters and each platter 3 feet in Diameter, I was so happy that the SSD Technology came along ..

SSD is and can be the solution for many FS-simmers ESPECIALLY after the tremendous price drop.
    No STUTTER , NO nothing with over 200 AI aircrafts active at 3 different airport with the closest is 6 miles away, PBI and the most distanced is , FLL, 35 miles away.

So the AI Traffic Control Module has to control all AI airplanes because the are all in the 60 NM radius within AI.

Monsieur Bernard, I can NOT find the Sycamour Heli in any Library.

So tell me where it is and I fix it for you.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein
    Just jumping in on the sycamore heki here, I believe the one he may be talking about is ibe available from the CBFS website (Classic British Flight Sim) very detailed model VC and some amazing animations of the winch and crew!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast