DC3 turboprop

Roger Wensley

Does that work properly with FS2004? Because i see that its for FSX and have files that didn't work properly on FS2004. Do you any alternatives that work with FS2004.

No, but it should give a clue of search terms.

I no longer have any stuff from FS2004.

That's all informations I have:

// This is Basler Turbo-67 for FS2004

[fltsim.0]

title=Basler BT67 AWI Polar 5

sim=Basler_BT67_v1.1

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=

kb_checklists=BT-67_check

kb_reference=BT-67_ref

atc_id=C-GAWI

atc_airline=Alfred Wegener Institute

atc_flight_number=11

ui_manufacturer="Basler"

ui_type="BT-67"

ui_variation="AWI 'Polar 5'"

ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"

description="Basler BT67, Polar 5 des Alfred Wegener Institutes Bremerhaven\nPaint for FS2004"

Bernard

I remember a FS9 stock DC3 with Santaair livery modded with turboprops does exist in the file library. Dont sure about it is now.

Also, if you're adventurous enough to edit FS9 aircraft extensively, here's some discussion of how to modify an aircraft .cfg/.air files to accept a different engine type:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?219130-How-do-you-change-the-engine-type-of-an-existing-aircraft-and-modify-the-air-file

And i found the file now: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fsec=0&fname=dc3turb.zip

Edited by surrodox2001

Surrodox, That one you found is not what I want as it still looks exactly the same as the standard DC3, even though it may have been (or maybe not?) technically adjusted to fly like a turbo version. Plus I do not want or need to adjust the technical performance, as if it is an AI plane nobody would be able to tell if it is flying as a standard DC3 or a Turbo version by just watching it take off or land. All I hoped to find was a "look-like-a-turbo" that would perform as an AI plane and every other aspect is irrelevant.

CGSimpson, I definitely do not want a version for FSX, as for sure it would never fly as an AI plane in FS9.

@ Mr. Gibson

You wrote "You can use a flyable plane for AI, just don't use too many of them."

Why NOT so many.

My AI has >200 ORIGINAL planes, NOT special AI planes, active flying at any time and I encounter NO problems.

I have for every plane my own FDE ..

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

I would think Tom meant that if you use a lot of flyable planes for AI then you are more likely to find one that doesn't work. And it usually doesn't work by not landing where it is supposed to land while you are watching for it, and then is on the parking spot by magic when you next look there. That's my experience anyway. Tom has a bunch of planes that all come in two versions, flyable and AI only.