DC3 turboprop

Roger Wensley

Aren't AI only aircraft easier on the frame rates, also?

Native AI for sure. But the flying world would be rather poor while just using such aircraft. Especially in a retro or vintage environment. Like Guenter Kirschstein I use more than 1,500 "stearable" aircraft, ships, helicopters, cars, and balloons as AI. The only thing I couldn't got in the air is the Bristol Sycamore.

Bernard

I have found that as long as you use a few flyable planes at any given airport they are fine. But if you are using dozens at a large airport like KLAX or KJFK I do see a frame rate hit. That said, others have told me they see no frame rate hit, so I assume it must be computer dependent.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

@ Mr. Gibson,

I ALWAYS keep my FS9 on a separate drive and EVEN on a DIFFERENT HD Controller on the Motherboard as my Windows XP is on a separate HD as well.

As soon SSD became available, I used the SMALLEST SSD (SATA 3)for my Windows XP and the LARGEST SSD (SATA 3)for my FS9. After having worked on the FIRST HD for Computers in 1961, 10 MIO characters TOTAL Capacity on 50 platters and each platter 3 feet in Diameter, I was so happy that the SSD Technology came along ..

SSD is and can be the solution for many FS-simmers ESPECIALLY after the tremendous price drop.

No STUTTER , NO nothing with over 200 AI aircrafts active at 3 different airport with the closest is 6 miles away, PBI and the most distanced is , FLL, 35 miles away.

So the AI Traffic Control Module has to control all AI airplanes because the are all in the 60 NM radius within AI.

Monsieur Bernard, I can NOT find the Sycamour Heli in any Library.

So tell me where it is and I fix it for you.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

• 3 months later...
@ Mr. Gibson,

I ALWAYS keep my FS9 on a separate drive and EVEN on a DIFFERENT HD Controller on the Motherboard as my Windows XP is on a separate HD as well.

As soon SSD became available, I used the SMALLEST SSD (SATA 3)for my Windows XP and the LARGEST SSD (SATA 3)for my FS9. After having worked on the FIRST HD for Computers in 1961, 10 MIO characters TOTAL Capacity on 50 platters and each platter 3 feet in Diameter, I was so happy that the SSD Technology came along ..

SSD is and can be the solution for many FS-simmers ESPECIALLY after the tremendous price drop.

No STUTTER , NO nothing with over 200 AI aircrafts active at 3 different airport with the closest is 6 miles away, PBI and the most distanced is , FLL, 35 miles away.

So the AI Traffic Control Module has to control all AI airplanes because the are all in the 60 NM radius within AI.

Monsieur Bernard, I can NOT find the Sycamour Heli in any Library.

So tell me where it is and I fix it for you.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Just jumping in on the sycamore heki here, I believe the one he may be talking about is ibe available from the CBFS website (Classic British Flight Sim) very detailed model VC and some amazing animations of the winch and crew!

H Jones

If my memory serves me right, a long while ago I downloaded the FSX model and it worked in FS9, I had to convert the textures to make them look right, bit of a pain if I remember.

There is a thread on here somewhere where I posted more images and how and what I had to do, I got asked to upload them but I couldn't because I was using someone else's textures so could only use them on my PC.

Found the thread, you will have to scroll down a bit to find what I did.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?298417-Modified-DC-3&highlight=basler

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Hi,

So I've got the basler_bt67_v2.zip file (for FSX). And now???

I know how to convert FSX DDS to FS9 DXT3.

Then I replace the FS9 DC-3 MDL file with this one?

And I edit all the FS9 DC-3 aircraft.cfg engine refs with the ones from the BT67?

Same with all engine refs in the AIR file?

Also not forgetting to check stuff like contact points, lights, etc...

Regards,

DDP.

Hi,

AFAIK you just make engine changes in the aircraft.cfg (and AIR?) files. The engines will not change their appearance.

There was an FS9 BT-67 posted by David Kolas on AVSIM for a short time, but since it was Manfred Jahn's FSX model converted without permission it was removed.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Hi,

AFAIK you just make engine changes in the aircraft.cfg (and AIR?) files. The engines will not change their appearance.

There was an FS9 BT-67 posted by David Kolas on AVSIM for a short time, but since it was Manfred Jahn's FSX model converted without permission it was removed.

i did not know that