Still Getting Odd A320 Behaviour

Well thought I had settled down with the A320 (default) but it still has a propensity to bite you on the bottom.

Loaded up previously saved flight from Newcastle to Bergen which surprisingly was still in the FMC. Started my descent into what should have been 4000 feet around the approach pattern. At this point the plane decided to take a mind of its own. Initially it continued descending below 4000 feet to something like 1000 feet ASL, when I tried to intervene by reconfirming ALT Hold the VS shot up to something like 5000 fpm straight into a climb-stall. While attempting to null this out, noticed all the airport arrival data (ILS etc.) had vanished from the FMC along with the manual activate approach.

At this point there was little else to do but abandon the flight and ponder where the programme might be messing up. I've resumed a saved flight previously in the A320 and didn't have an issue reaching and holding approach altitude or activating the approach phase. My assumption has to be despite appearing to retain the flight plan, the FMC wasn't properly initialised but even so, the aircraft shouldn't go into a stalling climb...

Vern.

Try the A320NX mod, it's free and you can install or uninstall it in seconds flat.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes really nice, I think they might have upgraded the sounds a bit too.

Just a couple of queries if you could indulge me.

Despite running the checklists I couldn't get the engines to start and spool up - had to resort to Ctrl-E. I must have missed a step somewhere.

The display readouts at the top of the panel (altitude, speed, heading V/S etc.) are very dim and I cannot for the life of me find the button or knob to make them brighter. Found all the MFD brightness controls but not that one.

Both issues no doubt user error but any assistance would be welcome.

There is something about bringing an aircraft to life from "cold and dark", though (minus the bit where I got stuck), I always remember enjoying the old Ready For Pushback 747 add on from earlier FS versions in that respect.

Vern.

Glad you're liking it Vern! Sorry I don't think there's a brightness control for the AP panel readouts, but for the cold & dark start try switching all your AI traffic settings (including graphics) to Generic. For other info there's a great Tips & Tricks thread on the Insider forums:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/a320-tips-tricks/231163

And for the latest info on the A32NX project, there's this thread too:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/a32nx-v0-3-1/289046

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Vern,

There are three black swivel knobs under the autopilot housing. One of them will increase the yellow read-out windows for the auto pilot.

From cold and dark, make sure you first click on ext power, then both batteries, then start the APU, wait a short while then click on APU Bleed. This will allow you to then start each engine using the starter levers on the central console.

I'm not an expert - I acquired this info from videos on YT.

Regards

Mark

• 11 months later...

Hello all

First of all would like to say this is one of the nicest planes to fly and I've been flying since MSFS began. Not sure if this is the right post to ask this question. However, I'm having an issue with the heading, speed and altitude knobs and switching from NAV to heading when auto pilot is on. Prior to the last update it worked fine, now it won't work. I can change the numbers with the dials, but they won't engage. Probably something easy, but can't figure it out.

Thanks