A new Glitch today - no pushback

The latest fly by wire files makes the startup of the A320 from cold and dark an absolute pleasure.

I was recreating a flight from Gatwick to Heathrow to practice what I'd I'd learned from the A320 Pilot YT video.

Here's the latest issue I've encountered.

I'm on the stand, ask for push back and the tug engages, then nothing! Plane won't move. I've started both engines and engaged reverse thrust but the plane is glued to the spot (yes, I've checked that the parking brake is off). I can't even move forward under full thrust and crash into the terminal. The screen isn't frozen, everything is moving and working, only I'm glued to the tarmac!

The screen showed a speed of 168kts whilst stationary. Pulling back on the joystick led to overstress and a crash to the usual menu.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I'll report it to zendesk.

Picture3.png

Regards

Mark

Edited by markielew

Please do report this to zendesk, hopefully it's just that one gate at Gatwick. Have you tried any of the others yet?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Don't know if the systems work without the mod, because, because I've installed the latest version.

However, I just tried another flight from Heathrow this time.

Was able to do everything. Started from cold and dark, had a great flight where the plane followed the flight plan all the way to Stansted. It was the first time the auto pilot had not lost any of the route.

Turned onto final and had the same old issue where everything switched off. No power, no screens, unable to relight engines.

Managed a fairly good deadstick landing with a reduced flap setting, rolled to a stop with no reverse thrusters and then found the next glitch...... the log book isn't registering any of my recent landings. Records all take offs but no landing info since the last patch was installed.

(Update - reported log book problem to Zendesk)

Edited by markielew

Here's some info on starting from cold & dark from the MSFS Insider Airliners forum:

"Ai ground Aircraft interfere with your Aircraft, somehow controlling it, so if an AI plane shuts down its power, same happens to your Aircraft.

THERE ARE TWO WAYS OF WORKING AROUND THIS ISSUE:

set:

OPTIONS / GENERAL / TRAFFIC / GROUND AIRCRAFT DENSITY to 0

OR in GRAPHICS settings set:

USE GENERIC PLANES MODELS both to ON

First one makes a sad and empty airport but it works 100%. Second one should work as well, I’m using it right now and never experienced the issue anymore.

That’s because generic Planes do not issue commands, to put it shortly.

These workarounds have worked for me for the last two weeks, with 0 issues.

Cheers

**EDIT: **

VERY IMPORTANT! Always start first external power, then batteries!"

I have Generic Plane Models set to ON myself and haven't had this problem yet **touch wood**

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

"Ai ground Aircraft interfere with your Aircraft, somehow controlling it, so if an AI plane shuts down its power, same happens to your Aircraft.

Make no mistake, I adore this sim. But that is legitimately hilarious! I immediately thought of Yuri from the Red Alert series of games.

Out of curiousity, I wonder if this happens to other AI aircraft in the vicinity too. I.e., if an AI aircraft shuts it's engine down, does other AI aircraft in the vicinity also have their engines shut down, like what happens to the user? Presumably, the user would be too busy controlling their new glider to notice another AI plane also going down...

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I had just the same happen to me, as to the OP. But I was in the TBM930. Started engine fine. Released parking brake. Opened throttle to begin taxi. Nothing, no movement. Engine revs increasing, speed tape showing 80, 90, 100 kts. All attempts to get the thing to budge, failed.

Solution: reload aircraft from scratch. All OK. Hasn't happened since. Odd.