FS 2020 - one geezer's perspective

I'm a retired 71yr old Vietnam Vet. When I returned home in 1972 the latest and greatest ELECTRONIC game on Earth was Pong. I was 23, married, and now and then when we could afford it we would go into the local bar and sit down at the console, put in our quarters and play what WE thought was the most astounding and unbelievable thing ever! Try it now and you'll understand our awe and wonder.

https://www.ponggame.org/

Fast-forward TEN years and they had invented and I could own my very own Commodore 64 and play a far more astounding and immersive text game called Zork.

Yesterday I sat down and read posts on this very forum from well-intentioned folks whinging about FS20's clouds not having enough layers, some trees being 'too big' and horror of horrors, the photo-realistic game scenery was just not realistic enough and color-balanced for them to be happy. I do NOT know whether to laugh or cry.

Asobo has gone and modeled the whole durn planet and I can sit on my half-moons in front of a COLOR screen in a comfy chair and fly a whole bunch of different airplanes anywhere on the globe I so choose and control time, the weather and my surroundings. How can I, or anyone else for that matter, NOT be simply filled with the awe and wonder of it all. Now try and imagine what people will be whinging about 50 years from now from their entertainment.

Sit back, relax and marvel in the experience you ungrateful whipper-snappers. :D

Edited by chicagorandy

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I'm a retired 71yr old Vietnam Vet. When I returned home in 1972 the latest and greatest ELECTRONIC game on Earth was Pong. I was 23, married, and now and then when we could afford it we would go into the local bar and sit down at the console, put in our quarters and play what WE thought was the most astounding and unbelievable thing ever! Try it now and you'll understand our awe and wonder.

Fast-forward TEN years and I had my very own Commodore 64 and played a far more astounding text game called Zork.

Yesterday I read posts on this very forum from well-intentioned folks whinging about FS20's clouds not having enough layers, some trees being 'too big' and horror of horrors, the photo-realistic game scenery was just not realistic enough and color-balanced for them to be happy. I do NOT know whether to laugh or cry.

Asobo has gone and modeled the whole durn planet and I can sit on my half-moons in front of a COLOR screen in a comfy chair and fly a whole bunch of different airplanes anywhere on the globe I so choose and control time, the weather and my surroundings. How can I, or anyone else for that matter, NOT be simply filled with the awe and wonder of it all. Now try and imagine what people will be whinging about 50 years from now from their entertainment.

Sit back, relax and marvel in the experience you ungrateful whipper-snappers. :D

Well said that man !

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

very well said chicagorandy..... 63 here and retired...started on a ZX Spectrum. to be honest I think Microsoft have sold us all off with a Beta-Version, full version to follow in updates.... I'm happy with that every sim they produced started out with problems both with the software and the end user, this version is no exception ha.. respect to Asobo they have done a remarkable job so far......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Fast-forward TEN years and they had invented and I could own my very own Commodore 64 and play a far more astounding and immersive text game called Zork.

Yesterday I sat down and read posts on this very forum from well-intentioned folks whinging about FS20's clouds not having enough layers, some trees being 'too big' and horror of horrors, the photo-realistic game scenery was just not realistic enough and color-balanced for them to be happy. I do NOT know whether to laugh or cry.

Fair Enough BUT NOTHING WORKS CORRECTLY

I forgot to mention "GET OFF MY LAWN AND TURN DOWN ALL THAT JUNGLE MUSIC!!!!"

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I’m a retired guy in his sixties and I approve this message.

I forgot to mention "GET OFF MY LAWN AND TURN DOWN ALL THAT JUNGLE MUSIC!!!!"

I am starting to sound like my dad to. You left out "get a hair cut you look like a girl" except these days it would probably be "stop punching holes in your face and stay away from the tattoo parlor".

Dad passed away last December but he did tell me a few months before he died that he was now glad that I did not grow up to be more like Bruce Jenner;)

Well said. I played Solo Flight from Microprose on the C64 and marvelled at the outside view. Yes FS2020 has its faults. But the more I fly the GA aircraft the more I fall in love with views. The faults will get ironed out and the sim will just get better and better. People moan about the price. I paid £15 for Solo Flight in 1984 which is the equivalent of about £50 now. I am sure there is hundred times more work into FS2020 than Solo Flight.

I think a lot of the moaners forget that FS2020 really does give the feeling you have flown from one place to another. Well it does me anyway. We are in exciting times, computer power and software knowhow has never been so good.

I just did this flight into Edinburgh, the weather and daylight are real-time. I think this is an amazing piece of programming. Bugs and all.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 (3.4Ghz) RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel @ 1197MHz Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H V2-CF (AM4) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Storage: 447GB TEAM T253TD480G (SATA (SSD)), 931GB Samsung 1TB SATA (SSD),7452GB Seagate Disk.

HAHAHA Half moons... That's something I never heard of before.

I was born in 1980. I turn 40 this October, 5th and yeah, I'm "over the hill" so to speak. Where the hell did time go! I remember my dad turning 40 for God sakes. I do appreciate the life back then. Mostly because of the stories my parent's told me about and seeing green screen computer Apple IIe's and my aunt's Atari. My parents still own an Odyssey. It sits in the closet near the front door. Now get this, I used a rotary phone back then and a phone book! Can you imagine!? HAHA Now a days phone books are in large part old tech. I find myself using my "smart" phone (a marketer's wet dream come true) and go to yp.com. And of course I'm sure there's a plethora of other phone number listing websites. Pay phones? Most of those are gone. I do see one on occasion. I shun to know how much money the phone guy collects out of it. Besides, a lot of them now can use a debt/credit/phone card.

I grew up in a time where I played records. I loved my parent's giant piece of furniture that was our record player. I even had my own kids records. I drove my parents nuts playing my favorite record all the time. LOL! :D Then I got a kid's record player for Christmas. Latter on I got a tape player and would play Buddy Holly all damn day. I also had oldie records I'd play. I remember one day I was in my room playing the song Come Go With Me by the Dell Vikings on my record player and my mom walks into my room and says, "you're going to come go with me to the store." LOL! I hated going to the store with her. She shopped forever! Remember a clothes store called Mervyn's and then how some stores were renamed Mervyn's California? Yeah, she'd go there a lot. Though, I gotta say, I was probably the nicest dressed in school.

Now kids these days are filthy rotten spoiled to the max! Believe me. I would have absolutely died to have a smartphone at thew age of 13. These things are like little computers. And today I do put it to good use. I can VPN into my home router, make a Team Speak connection and hear my police scanner on a laptop that sits here on my desk turned on 24/7. It's also plugged into a nice battery backup (UPS). The technology these days is really amazing. In fact, I just asked my Amazon Echo Dot (spy tap) how many employees work for Amazon and it said as of January 2019 there are over 700,000. I also have this little speaker play my relax playlist from Spotify when I go to be bed.

Now I think why a lot of people want to see perfection is because they're used to things being perfect and all that. I mean, I used to be on a particular computer forum and someone created a thread about the eye candy differences between DirectX 9 and 10 I think it was. Could have been DirectX 10 and 11. Never the less, between both screenshots of a game, I couldn't tell a difference and I was thinking to myself, "people are that enamored with this crap?" Right now I'm just happy playing Battlefield 2 with the AIX mod, FSX on occasion and some Command And Conquer Generals Zero Hour. I do have some more modern games of today, but the constant updates are annoying! And it seems that's what life is now-a-days. Update, update, update, NOTIFICATION, NOTIFICATION, NOTIFICATION! Everything has an update. Can be a Blu-ray player's firmware, an optical drive (yes, I have and love my Blu-ray burner for my computer), router's, modems, computers and the programs that run on a computer. And the grand daddy of them all: a smartphone/smart device. Every day there's an update push. Even the cable box I have here from Comcast. It updates once every night at about 3 AM. WTH!

Now get this. Back in my day I would have loved the ability to see satellite imagery from my computer, never mind the ability to see Area-51. Then they took it up a notch and you can see places via Google Street View. Back in my day I would have loved to have a tiny camera like they have these days. And they are all built into so many things. There are cheap Chinese pen cams, clock cams, etc. Now they encompass something called IoT (Internet of Things). Though, the manufacture's of these products need to step up their game with security and at least code signing. IoT is now used for massive DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) campaigns.

About jungle music.

Thank you for your service. When I was in JROTC my teacher was a Green Bert in Nam and I've heard the stories.

Fair Enough BUT NOTHING WORKS CORRECTLY

I guess learpilot forgot to add 'BUT NOTHING WORKS CORRECTLY - FOR ME'.

'Cause I and a whole lot of others have had a whole lot of positive experiences with the sim, and I believe it will only get better with time.

I guess when they say (whoever 'they' is) "Todays society expects instant gratification", they're not far off the mark.

Ditto.

I'm a retired 70-year-old who started with FS3, which resembled a cartoon drawing as much as anything.

Your post brought back many memories. Here's another one: I remember upgrading my hard drive from 20MB to 40MB and thinking I would never use all that space.

Does my house look like my house? Not except for the shape and location, but at least it's there. And I can recognize scenery that I would otherwise be familiar with.

Sure, MSFS has problems. My current complaints are the washed out look at noon over the desert, and the sometimes it does-sometimes it doesn't altitude hold. But they seem to be fixing them almost as fast as everyone gripes about them. Enjoy the experience and wait a week or two.

Just to add my 2.77 cents worth (adjusted for inflation). I am also well into geezer-hood and agree with the OP of this thread and most of the responses he generated. I will just add a word of advice: be prepared to be dumped on for offending those who have made a cottage industry of trashing this sim as "garbage", "a ripoff", and other lovely terms. You will have your intelligence questioned and be described as a naive fool who has been duped by Microsoft. To be clear: I am not referring to those who have expressed legitimate complaints and are having problems of one kind or another with MSFS, which many are (as I myself have had at times). But the nasties are out there. Just be ready -- then ignore.

Well, I'm a retired guy too, approaching 70. Have been flying MSFS since FS95 and have never before seen such a mess. It just does not work. I fly an Airbus between city pairs, and the left engine dies. I start again and on approach the panels go dark. Ok, I think to myself, well at least the scenery is good and the VFR experience is good. That was until the first patch, then I could not even control the Cessna 172. Ah, I'm thinking, my stick is too sensitive. So I go and try and adjust the sensitivities and nothing, no option any longer. This in no way can be justifiably called a flight simulator.

I have had every MS flight simulator since FS95. Never has there been so many issues. The more they patch this program, the more they seem to break.

I don't consider myself to be a whinger, but I thought I had bought something fit for purpose. It is just not what it is says it is. I read now that developers like PMDG are delaying until late 2021 for their development due to the instability of the sdk. The good Lord has given me three score and ten years, even with a modest extension, unless He intervenes, I can not see this ever being a simulator that Microsoft should ever have put their name to.

Geoff

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

However...

I've owned every version of FS since 4.0. None of them had problems as bad as this one does. And I realize that modeling the whole world is a monumental task, but we didn't twist their arms or hold them at gunpoint to make this sim, they did it on their own. Therefore when they give us woodys with pretty graphics and stunning screen shots, that's what we expect in a final release. And we just expected it all to work as it should. Why? Because they did it before! Multiple times. But something changed in the new Microsoft. Unfortunately in today's new version of American Capitalism, most corporations have given up on providing high quality products that last, and software companies rush code to market to recoup their ROI ASAP. The bean counters run the show nowadays. Follow the money.

But there is hope. It will get better IF Asobo keeps their promise of a 10 year commitment to this sim's development. I will believe it when I see it, granted I live that long anyway.

Cleared for takeoff...

Edited by Flyguy51

Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming 5 MB, Intel i7-8700K @ 4.8Ghz, 32Gb Corsair 3200Mhz, Gigabyte GTX1070Ti, Corsair H115i AIO

Adata 480Gb NVME M.2

Except for the better scenery, fsx was a lot better. You could have your instrument panel on one display, and a spot view of the plane and the scenery on another. The program has many other problems that aren't just bugs. The panes don't fly well in my opinion.

I am NOT a pilot IRL, but I am a long-time EAA member and volunteer at AirVenture every year. I DO have a life-long passion for aviation. On one of my 'real pilot' forums there is a running thread on this sim and I thought I'd share today's post from a real LSA pilot.

"After over 100 hours on MSFS2020, I’m still amazed at what they’ve managed to pack into a $69 computer program. I taught on $100m+ sims that didn’t have the immersive graphics fidelity of MSFS. I recreated past trips, and planned trips, and the reality is so good, I don’t think I’ll fly some of the future planned trips. I feel like I’ve already done them! No 45 minute drives to the airport, no $5/gal avgas, no weather problems, the ability to fly anywhere in the world instantly, no hangar fees... and I can drink beer while I simulated fly, and go to the restroom any time I want!"

It about sums up my viewpoint.

I’m sorry but we are into the second decade of knowing with an absolute cast iron certainty that f you buy a triple A game on release you are paying to be a beta tester.

It isn’t right but like so many things in the world, that’s the way it is.

Well, I'm a retired guy too, approaching 70. Have been flying MSFS since FS95 and have never before seen such a mess. It just does not work. I fly an Airbus between city pairs, and the left engine dies. I start again and on approach the panels go dark.

Have you tried disabling AI ground aircraft? I read that is somehow interfering with systems on the player flight. In the last couple of days I've done probably three hours in the A320 and, apart from the FMC not retaining the flight plan when reloading the game, not seen that issue.

Vern.

There's a freeware fix for the engine and panels shut down, it's the A32NX project by Fly By Wire: https://flybywiresim.com/a32nx

Changelog

Added

[ATC] Added background lighting and realistic size.

[ECAM] ECAM messages area has been completely redone.

[ECAM] Messages can now show on the right side of the ECAM.

[ECAM] Messages will now show in a consistent order.

[ECAM] Added many new ECAM messages: T.O. INHIBIT, LDG INHIBIT, APU BLEED, APU AVAIL, LDG LT, SPEED BRK, AUTO BRK LO, AUTO BRK MED, AUTO BRK MAX.

[ECAM] Added takeoff memo. Shows 2 mins after second engine start. Hides after takeoff thrust application.

[ECAM] Added landing memo. Shows below 2000 feet during approach phase. Hides after slowing down below 80kts.

[ECAM] Added support for failures to show on ECAM.

[ECAM] Added NAV TCAS FAULT failure when ADIRS are not aligned.

[ECAM] Added CAB PR EXCESS CAB ALT failure when cabin altitude exceeds 10000ft (can only be triggered by slewing to an extreme altitude).

[ECAM] Added CABIN…CHECK to ECAM memos. Changes to CABIN READY when ALL, FWD, or AFT call button is pressed. Resets when flight phase changes.

[ECAM] Added functional CLR and RCL buttons.

[ECAM] Master caution/warning will now automatically deactivate when messages are removed from ECAM.

[ECAM] Adds ECAM procedures for fire tests.

[ECAM] Adds functionality to the F/CTL rudder indicator.

[ECAM] Added new secondary ECAM memo for wing anti-ice and engine anti-ice.

[ECAM] Added new secondary ECAM memo for GPWS Flaps 3 mode (tied to INOP Flaps 3 push button).

[ECAM] Added new secondary ECAM memo for Hydraulic PTU, which is displayed when the PTU sound plays.

[ECAM] Adds NW STRG DISC memo when in pushback.

[ECAM] Added “TCAS STBY” on Right Upper ECAM Memo.

[ECAM] ECAM Cruise page.

[ECAM] When at least one engine is running and predictive windshear is turned off, a secondary ECAM memo will appear.

[ECAM] When above 50 ft RA, the memo will turn amber.

[ECAM] Created a wheel page for ECAM, handles break temp, landing gear indicating , and spoilers.

[ECAM] Adds dynamic switching of ECAM pages when no page is selected.

[ECAM] Added ECAM status page.

[ECAM] Added new failures: ENG DUAL FAILURE, ENG 1(2) FIRE (airborne), ENG 1(2) FAIL, ENG 1(2) SHUT DOWN, BRAKES HOT.

[ECAM] Normal messages on the ECAM will now be hidden when a failure is shown.

[ECAM] Added ECAM overflow arrow.

[ECAM] Added ECAM status reminder.

[ECAM] Added automatic page switching during a failure.

[FCU] Added background lighting at night.

[FMA] Adds support for ‘G/S*’ and ‘LOC *’ FMA modes.

[LIGHTS] Enhanced overall cockpit lighting and tweaked few exterior lighting.

[LIGHTS] Added display back light for all main screens such as PFD, ND, ECAM, MCDU.

[LIGHTS] The display back lights will now illuminate surrounding cockpit, controlled by the individual brightness knobs.

[LIGHTS] Enhanced the glare shield lights, the shape and the color is modified.

[LIGHTS] Glare shield light will now increase/decrease the ambient light of the cockpit.

[LIGHTS] Enhanced the dome lights, corrected the light angle, color, spread and intensity.

[LIGHTS] Volumetric Strobe lights and enhanced its range and intensity.

[LIGHTS] Volumetric navigation lights.

[LIGHTS] Enhanced the logo lights intensity.

[MCDU] Create waypoint vertical revision page frontend.

[MCDU] The AIRWAYS page should properly show just the enroute waypoints after the current selected one and not all of them. Players are now able to manually enter as many airway connected waypoints as needed.

[MCDU] Added limited altitude restriction editing functionality.

[MCDU] Automatically calculate TOW if possible.

[MCDU] Automatically fill in thrust reduction altitude and acceleration altitude based on runway height.

[MCDU] Add better input validation for FLAP/THS. Flap setting is limited to 1-3. THS now limited to a max of 2.5.

[MCDU] Add better parsing for FLAP/THS. Flap is now optional input. (e.g. /UP0.5 is a valid input now) THS can be written with UP/DN at either the start OR end of the input. THS number can be written as 0.1, .1, or even in plain whole numbers like 1.

[MCDU] Fix CHG Code to read A20N instead of A2N.

[MISC] Set defaults for seatbelt light, FD, and ATC switches.

[MISC] Adds an emergency light light when off.

[MISC] Adds 5 INOP GPWS buttons with variables ready for use.

[MISC] Adds 3 call buttons and 1 inop (mech sound needed).

[MISC] Cabin call buttons are now push and hold. Sound plays when pressed.

[MISC] Adds “Cabin Crew seats for landing please” when chime is first pressed after entering the landing phase.

[MISC] Adds “Cabin Crew Seats for takeoff please” when “cabin…Check” and “TO Config” are green on takeoff memo.

[MISC] Adds fire tests for ENG 1, ENG 2, APU, Cargo Smoke.

[MISC] Right side wiper switch now operable (Still synced with Left Switch).

[MISC] Add INOP predictive windshear switch (â– â– â– â– â–  switch).

[MISC] Implement ANN LT TEST.

[MISC] Added â– â– â– â– â–  switch for TCAS.

[MISC] Display barometer readout on ISIS.

[MISC] Added working engine fire buttons.

[MISC] Added Fire Buttons lighting up on test.

[MISC] Added â– â– â– â– â–  AudioSwitching knob on top overhead.

[MISC] Added Cockpit Door switch (spring loaded) + Open Light.

[MISC] Adds animation, emission seqs to the overhead Commercial and Galy&Cab pushbuttons.

[MISC] SAI/Integrated Standy Instrument Self Test.

[MISC] Add animation, sounds, emission to Elec pushbuttons.

[MISC] Added Correct Caution and Warning audio.

[ND] Make ND compass spin after alignment.

[PFD] Added compass ticks below horizon as well as selected heading tick right above horizon (which only shows when FD are off).

[PFD] Add ground mode sidestick cursor.

[PFD] Makes it so the altimeter on the PFD smoothly animates to the current altitude (from 0) once the altimeter becomes avail during alignment.

Changed

[ADIRS] IRS alignment times based on latitude have been re-calculated.

[ADIRS] IRS alignment ECAM memo now skips “IR IN ALIGN 0 MN” to match the real aircraft.

[ADIRS] IRS alignment ECAM memo now skips “IR IN ALIGN 7 MN” to match the real aircraft.

[ADIRS] IRS alignment ECAM memo now rounds up when converting seconds to minutes.

[ADIRS] GPWS Terrain button now displays FAULT when IRS not aligned.

[ADIRS] GPWS Sys button now displays FAULT when IRS not aligned.

[CHECKLISTS] Streamlined checklists, added highlighting where possible.

[CHECKLISTS] Added Checklist highlighting for a lot of things.

[CHECKLISTS] Made checklists mostly interactive.

[CHECKLISTS] Added Checklist evaluation for PWS, Seatbelts, Smoking, ADIRS, Emergency Exit Light Switches.

[ECAM] Fix the default GW on Lower EICAS not update in realtime.

[ECAM] APU Guage now features a dynamic EGT warning marker. Increased gauge px thickness by 1px.

[ECAM] Correct the orientation for the valves in the lower ENGINE ECAM.

[ECAM] Small redesign for the F/CTL rudder axis, add moving rudder limit.

[ECAM] Fixed fuel display on ECAM, They now have a precision of 20kg for fuel remaining and 10kg for fuel used.

[ECAM] Changes LDG LT memo logic so that the memo is shown when at least one landing light is extended.

[ECAM] The F/CTL ECAM page will now have controls amber when both engines are not started.

[ECAM] Do not show “REV” and thrust limit % when thrust reversers are active.

[ECAM] Acceleration altitude should be MSL instead of AGL.

[ECAM] When ECAM STS page is selected, the light on the button is now illuminated.

[ECAM] When there are failures to clear, the ECAM CLR light illuminates.

[ECAM] Backlight of ECAM CLR, RCL, STS and ALL buttons backlight now working.

[FCU] FCU design changes to more closely match IRL.

[FMA] Fix the behaviour of the LVR CLB thrust callout on the FMA.

[FMA] Fix LVR CLB warning not showing up when in Climb phase.

[FMA] Make some FMAs have permanent box (like MAN TOGA).

[FMA] Fix FMA boxes.

[LIGHTS] Made it so the eng starters and the parking brake are not emissive.

[LIGHTS] Now, Runway Turnoff Lights do not illuminate the cockpit interior after landing gear is retracted.

[LIGHTS] Fixes ILS button brightness.

[LIGHTS] Improves the Exterior Lights so you can see further on Take Off/Landing/Taxi.

[LIGHTS] Fixes the beacon lights so they won’t bleed into the cockpit.

[LIGHTS] Sets default screen brightness in C&D start to 0.1 (first setting).

[LIGHTS] Changed the saturation and brightness of the emission decals to more closely reflect real counterparts.

[MCDU] Make GPS and Position Monitor CDU pages dynamic, cosmetics/realism.

[MCDU] Remove decimals from flight plan altitude FL constraints.

[MCDU] Fix DES phase so it will actually be activated.

[MCDU] Show proper constraints for waypoints in the flight plan page.

[MCDU] Switch to flight level display if alt is higher than trans alt in the flight plan page.

[MCDU] Make TAXI fuel default value from “empty” to “0.2” as per commonly used AMI.

[MCDU] Fix visual flaw with FUEL PRED ZFW/ZFWCG.

[MCDU] This fixes the green dot speed that is displayed on the PERF TAKEOFF and APPROACH pages of the MCDU.

[MCDU] Fix takeoff speed to V2+10.

[MCDU] VSpeeds are now manually changeable.

[MCDU] VSpeeds can be automatically calculated by clicking a speed option with an empty input, and pressing it again to confirm the result.

[MCDU] VSpeed auto-calculation prefers to look at MCDU’s flap setting over the current flaps of the plane.

[MCDU] The AIRWAYS page should properly show just the enroute waypoints after the current selected one and not all of them. Players are now able to manually enter as many airway connected waypoints as needed.

[MISC] Changed landing light indicators to be independent instead of being based off the centre gear position.

[MISC] Puts the panels in “self-test” mode after the knob has been turned from off to another position.

[MISC] Tooltips fixes.

[MISC] General delta time fixes so that things won’t break with FPS fix mods.

[MISC] Fix FD default to on on runway.

[MISC] Also sets strobe light to auto (was ON) for runway spawn.

[MISC] Fixed ATHR unstable on TOGA.

[MISC] Updated engine N1, EGT and Oil pressure values to match A320Neo engine limits.

[MISC] N1 and EGT now have dynamic limits based on throttle state(arrow does not turn red beyond 100%N1 on TOGA upto 101.5% for 5min).

[MISC] TOGA state limits on N1 and EGT are only allowed upto 5min on both engines after which it comes down to MCT limits.

[MISC] Corrects chrono reset behavior so it behaves realistically.

[MISC] Fix Landing gear Indicator text illumination (red UNLK).

[MISC] Prevent APU activation when there’s no power.

[MISC] Set TCAS switch to TA/RA by default when spawning on runway, cruise, approach, or final. STBY otherwise.

[MISC] Pressing IDENT no longer causes an empty value input into the transponder.

[MISC] Changed the v/s alert threshold according to the Airbus FCOM.

[MISC] Temporary fix for engine 1 fuel flow being cut off during APU shutdown.

[MISC] Modified date & middle digits displays.

[MISC] Created custom engine fan animation templates that use N1 instead of some other wrong RPM.

[MISC] Fix incorrect slat position after 1.8.3.

[MISC] Reverted some flight model changes from 1.8.3.

[MISC] Changes in rudder steering speeds authority and max steering angle.

[MISC] Temporary fix for brightness knobs from changing seemingly randomly after 1.8.3.

[MISC] Lowers VMO to 350.

[MISC] Sync VMAX on PFD with overspeed warning.

[ND] If you are below 100kts ground speed the wind indicator on the ND will not show.

[ND] Display Waypoint ETA in UTC.

[ND] Text position fixes, makes texts flush with screen edges

[PFD] Change the viewbox for the attitude lines to make horizon and attitude lines move with each other.

[PFD] Change the seperator between bottom and top horizon y and thickness to make it centered and match closer to an actual PFD.

[PFD] Reduce medium/short pitch line width to closer match actual PFD.

[PFD] Make speed tape more responsive.

[PFD] Added STD (Boxed)/QNH display.

[PFD] QNH legend is separated from value, so QNH can be in white.

[PFD] Added small “>” for each alt in the alt scale.

[PFD] The alt display window is now yellow as it should be.

[PFD] The target alt cursor has been resized.

[PFD] The target altitude has been aligned to the left of the alt scale.

[PFD] Yellow aircraft symbol bigger and more accurate.

[PFD] Bank triangle at top now yellow and hollow.

[RTPI] Changed size and position of digits (enlarged =).

[RTPI] Added a lighting background at night.

[RTPI] There is no longer negative values displayed when trimming to the left.

Removed

[FMA] Disabled LVR MCT FMA until we can implement it properly.

[ND] Hide BingMap on ND when no weather or terrain.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Except for the better scenery, fsx was a lot better. You could have your instrument panel on one display, and a spot view of the plane and the scenery on another. The program has many other problems that aren't just bugs. The panes don't fly well in my opinion.

Well said I hope they can get it up to FSX standards.Its obvious Osobo never used FSX.