multiple monitor caused problems

I have three monitors hooked to my setup. 49" curved and two lower 21" monitors with MFD's on them. I learned something. sometimes my controls do not work during flight, it is becuase I have clicked one of the other monitor displays. So when controls become dead, I just click on the main monitor and the controls work again.

Don't know if anyone has talked about this, but so far since I figured this out, I have done it twice and the aircraft is back in my control. I have heard people say that the air craft just stops working in flight...and they could not figure it out. This may be something to look at.

Believe me I am not a genius, just thought I would share.

I will post pictures soon of new setup....49" monitor looks amazing.

Also, I am hearing of a lot of problems with the software....but in three weeks of tinkering, I have only had one crash, and one lockup....FSX had just as much problems sometimes. I think alot of the problems with the software, is the computer that is running it. I just bought (Okay, my boys bought for me) a nice machine with a RX2070 video card with 8gig ram, 16gig ram, 3.97ghz process that has Trubo (shows 16core processor in device manager). Top of the line machine, and it is running the software great.

yes, there are some bugs, have not figured out ILS landing system yet....but I will work on that. Also no software from GoFlight for all my controls that are sitting in my flight deck that do not work. Only the Throttle/flap/spoiler controller works, and that is only because it shows up in my game controller app.

hobbitrocks

If the sim was in windowed mode.. but you had it set so it wasn’t filling the whole screen.. & you then clicked outside of the window then it would act the same. As if the sim was minimised.

Presumably when you are clicking on the other screens, the same thing is happening. This would happened with any software.

Asobo have said that they are working on getting multiple monitor support, so hopefully it’ll work better in the near future.

I also run three screens, but i stretch the main display across all three screens so I wouldn’t matter if I clicked on the side screens.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Same here.

It's just the 'Focus'...whichever monitor/app the curser 'focus' is on, that is the one getting input, and thus reacts.

Of course there is a setting for sound - "Mute On Lost Focus".

We need one for video - a "DON'T Mute On Lost Focus" for control inputs...or something like that...

BTW:

I'm running 6 (19") monitors forward - why 3x19" stacked? So I don't get the monitor bezels in the center of the view...plus I have them 'curved' so each one is at 90' to my viewpoint.

3 bottom with MSFS 'stretched' across and the 3 top for charts, maps and whatever...

The upgrade will be something like Hobbitrocks big monitor...watch those refresh rates...

• 4 weeks later...
I have three monitors hooked to my setup. 49" curved and two lower 21" monitors with MFD's on them. I learned something. sometimes my controls do not work during flight, it is becuase I have clicked one of the other monitor displays. So when controls become dead, I just click on the main monitor and the controls work again.

Don't know if anyone has talked about this, but so far since I figured this out, I have done it twice and the aircraft is back in my control. I have heard people say that the air craft just stops working in flight...and they could not figure it out. This may be something to look at.

Believe me I am not a genius, just thought I would share.

I will post pictures soon of new setup....49" monitor looks amazing.

Also, I am hearing of a lot of problems with the software....but in three weeks of tinkering, I have only had one crash, and one lockup....FSX had just as much problems sometimes. I think alot of the problems with the software, is the computer that is running it. I just bought (Okay, my boys bought for me) a nice machine with a RX2070 video card with 8gig ram, 16gig ram, 3.97ghz process that has Trubo (shows 16core processor in device manager). Top of the line machine, and it is running the software great.

yes, there are some bugs, have not figured out ILS landing system yet....but I will work on that. Also no software from GoFlight for all my controls that are sitting in my flight deck that do not work. Only the Throttle/flap/spoiler controller works, and that is only because it shows up in my game controller app.

hobbitrocks

I have a similar dual monitor setup - ac/panel on left display, on the right I typically have the ATC window, FlightShare and FSTramp. The instant that my mouse cursor crosses over to the right hand monitor, my joystick freezes and is unresponsive. A real pain when taxiing. Simple moving the cursor back to the left hand monitor returns everything to normal.

I've used this setup for years on FSX without any problems whatsoever. Something has indeed changed in the way MSFS handles display focus.

i7-7700K 4.20GHz

MSI Z-270A Pro Series MB

32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb

WDC WDS240G1G01 240Gb SSD

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1Tb HDD

Seagate OneTouch 1Tb SSD

Seagate BUP 5Tb HDD

2 LG 4k 32" displays

Microsoft X05-63895 Sidewinder joystick

Logitech M325 mouse

Costco 14993BLK4E XL series folding chair

ACCO Model 40 stapler

Rubbermaid MFG295600 plastic rubbish bin

I have a similar dual monitor setup - ac/panel on left display, on the right I typically have the ATC window, FlightShare and FSTramp. The instant that my mouse cursor crosses over to the right hand monitor, my joystick freezes and is unresponsive. A real pain when taxiing. Simple moving the cursor back to the left hand monitor returns everything to normal.

I've used this setup for years on FSX without any problems whatsoever. Something has indeed changed in the way MSFS handles display focus.

Mine is similar with the main monitor full screen and TrackIR. I like that when you move the VFR map to the second monitor it stays there for future flights. In FSX, you had to move windows to the second monitor every flight, even saved flights. In MSFS, I find it best to leave the ATC window on the main monitor so that you don't lose control by moving to another screen and since you need to continue flying the plane while communicating.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Also no software from GoFlight for all my controls that are sitting in my flight deck that do not work.

Yeah...GoFlight...

Gees I have 'thousands' invested in GoFlight. They have dropped the ball big time. A few weeks ago they released an email saying their software is compatible with MSFS - but it is the same old software dated MAY 29, 2017 (????). And it ISN'T compatible with MSFS.

In the meantime, the only thing I have found to get some GoFlight modules to work is PollyPot Software.

It is a bit involved to set up, but it will run most GoFlight mods in MSFS.