Thread: What happened to the Tower View in MSFS?

Question What happened to the Tower View in MSFS?

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but is there a default, per-airport Tower View in MSFS, as there is in FSX? I can't for the life of me find such a key assignment or camera option.

Thanks!

-Brian

I don't think so. No top down view either.

No Tower view... remember, this is NOT a MicroSoft produced product, so it's NOT built ontop of FSX. As stated when first announced, this Sim was built from scratch, without MS, by Asobo.

As for the top down view, it's in the external camera... Look Down.
    Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 3070, 32gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),
    Samsung CH890-34" curved - 3440x1440 monitor, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers

Quote Originally Posted by stempski View Post
    No Tower view... remember, this is NOT a MicroSoft produced product, so it's NOT built ontop of FSX. As stated when first announced, this Sim was built from scratch...
    Seems like I offended you somehow. My apologies, @stempski .

I understand fully that this is not (directly) a Microsoft product. Though isn't a view-from-the-Tower, a staple of aviation? This was an easy way (one-key toggle) to get a great view (no need to set-up drones, etc.), a lovely feature, not to mention quite helpful. One would think this sort of thing would make the cut. Perhaps I'm the only one who used it. In that case, again, quite sorry stempski, I will move on.

Quote Originally Posted by stempski View Post
    No Tower view... remember, this is NOT a MicroSoft produced product, so it's NOT built ontop of FSX. As stated when first announced, this Sim was built from scratch, without MS, by Asobo.

As for the top down view, it's in the external camera... Look Down.
    Yea but I want it in it's own window so I can see it at the same time as other views. You know, like multiple windows.

No offense taken. I just capped that "NOT" because I get frustrated with people not understanding this is a new piece of software. The programmers at Asobo didn't base it on FSX or any of the other versions. It was built new, from scratch.

As such, it doesn't have 20+ years of trial and error, and develpment behind it. If you'd like a tower view, add it to the Wish List over at the MicroSoft Flight Simulator site. Many things requested have been added.
    Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 3070, 32gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),
    Samsung CH890-34" curved - 3440x1440 monitor, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers

Rockcliffe2 Guest

I miss the Tower View as well. Even more so is the Flight Analysis feature to go back and check my circuits and procedure turns.