Cheers for now and enjoy!

Hey there my friends! Well, I had a blast with MSFS for the last month, but sadly the time has come to put it away. I tested the sim on the game-pass promo, to see if it would work on my old pc, but financially it was prudent for me to cancel the membership before I start to pay full price.

But not to worry! I will be receiving the Deluxe version of the sim for Christmas. In the mean time, I will obviously be following the development of the sim very closely. In fact, I'll probably be visiting this site more than ever!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones for which the sim behaved very well. Zero installation issues, zero downloading issues, and probably no more than 5 CTDs in my daily usage. Not to mention that the sim perfomed much better than I expected. For me, it was a real joy and, having started from good old FS95, every flight had a moment where I was stunned at how far the genre has come since then. Make no mistake, this is a 21st century product; and if it's this good now, with all sorts of bugs and issues, it's going to be absolutely spellbinding when all of that gets sorted and new features added.

Anyway, so my promo expires in 30 minutes and I just had my last flight in the Bonanza. I chose the Canadian Rockies, near Calgary as my last flight. I was stunned, yet again. See you soon and I hope the sim treats you all very well! Enoy!

360.png

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Ya that was my intention also but forgot to cancel my subscription so I am in until next month. The sim is really not that bad if you are just tooling around in GA taking in the sites but from what I am reading the guys wanting to fly anything more complex are having a bad time of it.

So far I have less than ten dollars invested so I have decided to not let it bother me. In the 80s I use to spend more than that in an afternoon at the arcade playing missal command. This sim even with its problem's blows missal command out of the water.

Edited by natman1965

hi Natman, me too I got MSFS through XBox Game-pass Paid $1 in august and $4 in september.

My interpretation of the 'XBox deal' is that you can keep playing MSFS (only Standard version !!) as long as you keep an active and valid subscription on XBox. Now I could be wrong here. Please where do you see (on Microsoft or Xbox sites) if and when the subscription will be cancelled and eventually you will pay full price if you not stop the subscription yourself. thanks in advance for an advice. Peter

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

hi Mr Kilowatt , me too I got MSFS through XBox Game-pass Paid $1 in august and $4 in september.

My interpretation of the 'XBox deal' is that you can keep playing MSFS (only Standard version !!) as long as you keep an active and valid subscription on XBox. Now I could be wrong here. Please where do you see (on Microsoft or Xbox sites) if and when the subscription will be cancelled and eventually you will pay full price if you not stop the subscription yourself. thanks in advance for an advice. Peter

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Hi Peter. You're right that you can keep playing while you're subscribed to the XBox pass. In Canada, the first month of the xbox pass is C$1 (plus taxes), and after that it is up to C$16.

If I understand your question correctly, you mistook that I meant that I'll be paying the full purchase price of the sim, once the subscription is cancelled. I only meant that I'll by paying the full price of the subscription.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I bought the deluxe edition i have had 0 problems with anything i am running full graphics and getting 40 fps in nyc , i love it its incredible !! one thing not sure if its me sometimes i start it up and it looks like the old version then as its running everything becomes real life anyone seen this ?
windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

I did the 'Xbox Pass for PC' thing for $1 for the first month. Tried out the sim - was a wonderful experience. Then I purchased the Premium Deluxe version through the sim - and got it for $109.99 - not the regular $159.99.

So to recap - I got to try out the sim for $1 - then saved $50 when purchased...I'm happy...

To really put it in perspective.

Go to a good will store and you might find and old pentium 3 PC with win98 installed and a voodoo 16 megabyte graphics card and an amazing 512 megs of system RAM. Yes I said megabyte it was not a typo. Near by might be a copy of MS flight sim 2000

Take it home fire it up and install FS 2000 and fly it around a bit.

I bet your really happy with FS 2020 now.

And by the way; I paid 60 bucks for FS 2000 and it came on multiple cds. I think five

Edited by natman1965