Ignorance vs. Actual Bugs

As I have been browsing all the threads since the release of MSFS2020 it is apparent that some complains/frustrations also stems from an actual ignorance of the new sim rather than any bugs. After all, the whole user interface is different, the whole sim is different indeed. I too sometimes find it frustrating! However, I don't know what percent is Ignorance or Bugs.

Previous sims also had bugs and issues, but going from FS98 to FS2000 to FS2002 to FS2004 to Prepar3d wasn't a big challenge both from the user interface to how the sim was programmed. You just bought the new sim, installed it and played around a few days and you had it up and running.

We can all agree that FS2020 is different! And, indeed there are bugs, BIG BUGS in fact an airport like BGBW which I frequent is not even in the sim and its an important airport in Greenland, because there is no satellite scenery for that area. Initially, you couldn't go to Iceland, although it is resolved now.

Still, I am not going to throw MSFS2020 under the bus. I don't know how many copies were sold, but assume a million, then all of us are beta testers who are finding actual bugs faster then a select few could do. This will speed up the process and the end product will get better and better faster.

So relax, if you hate it move on to your previous sim or enjoy what enjoyment you get from the new sim, if you find a bug, ask questions here, may be it will get resolved. If not do report your bug.

That's all!

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

To be fair it wouldn't take much to get the game to where I would like it to be...

1. Fix the 747 autopilot so it flies in a straight line and can hold APP flying the ILS.

2. Autopilot should be on and settings/panel saved as left when loading a flight (applies to all aircraft).

3. Fix the FMC so it retains the flight plan in between sessions. (Applies to both big jets).

4. Rework the A320 from the ground up, with deference to those who are not experiencing difficulty I find the wretched thing unflyable in terms of speed/VS and the AP not really doing its thing.

5. Fix fuel consumption so we are not burning Avgas or JetAI at sea level rate cruising at FL320.

Further down the line...

Give me a DC10, 707 and L1011 to fly.

Put in some sort of career path or mission generator.

And that would be me sorted, really.

Vern.

"then all of us are beta testers who are finding actual bugs faster then a select few could do."

The head honchos mentioned as much in last month's published Q&A interview video. And frankly I'm fine with that. This IS just a game at the end of the day. It's NOT like we're all unpaid beta testers for a real aircraft manufacturer - lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Then I reckon it's a very good thing indeed that this is just an amusement, not having real life 'importance' or consequence.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx