New patch and CTDs

Guest Rockcliffe2

Guest Rockcliffe2

MSFS has performed flawlessly for me until today when I installed the latest patch. Suddenly I’ve had two abrupt CTDs mid-flight.

I don’t know if it’s related but....

Anyone else have problems?

Pure wild-eyed guess on MY part.... does CTD mean Crash To Desktop?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Pure wild-eyed guess on MY part.... does CTD mean Crash To Desktop?

Yes!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

MSFS has performed flawlessly for me until today when I installed the latest patch. Suddenly I’ve had two abrupt CTDs mid-flight.

Did you open the vfr map in flight. It is documented in the patch notes that it will cause ctd if you do not open the vfr window immediately upon starting the flight. There is an auto setting to auto-open the map if this is your issue.

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

I think (hope) the next patch will arrive a bit quicker. This latest patch has done something to the scenery too, in that many two or three story buildings have turned into tower blocks!

I noticed it near my local airport first then realised they’re all over.

There are several posts about it on the official forums.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Check for any outstanding updates in Profile/Content Manager. Scroll down the list, tick the boxes of any or all that are 'Ready to download' and click the Download button at the bottom right.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes, me too. No CTD's until the latest patch even though i didn't open the VFR map at all (i was flying IFR in the Longitude.

Unfortunately this patch has made the Longitude pretty much unflyable due to autopilot issues. (Porpoising above approx 10,000 ft). Such as shame as I was enjoying it up till now.

I will go back to bush flights until this is fixed

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Guest Rockcliffe2
Did you open the vfr map in flight. It is documented in the patch notes that it will cause ctd if you do not open the vfr window immediately upon starting the flight. There is an auto setting to auto-open the map if this is your issue.

Yes! I realized that this is exactly the issue. (Guess i should have read the patch notes!).

Interestingly, after a third CTD mid-flight and realizing it happened when I opened the VFR map, I reloaded a flight and opened the VFR map while still at the ramp. No crash.

I also realized that I hadn't downloaded the Japan scenery from the marketplace after installing the patch and wondered if that might have been an issue.

Anyway, so far so good. Thanks for your answer.

Guest Rockcliffe2
So far no CTDs. But, perhaps even more bothersome, all my custom settings for Controls (yoke, pedals etc) have gone, so having to start from scratch.

Anybody else got this?

As I discovered when I tried to deploy thrust reverse on landing, lol.