From what I am reading on the update screen, the "Japan-specific content is available as a free download in the Marketplace".

This 8.78GB update addresses mostly fixes and the addition of 3 new airports.

Edited by StubbornSwiss

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;

2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

How do you get to that on the Microsoft Store? I can't find it and MSFS won't let me start without it.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Thanks.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

One fingers crossed moment... They seem to have fixed the download looping issue, so far I have grabbed 1.24 of the 7.39Gb update and it hasn't dropped yet, albeit none of the files appear to be the size of the FS package files from the base install which were nearly 2Gb each.

Oh and just in case anyone hasn't spotted it, the Japanese scenery needs to be downloaded separately from the Market place, as a free item.

Edit: Yep first of the larger files coming and it's holding at a steady 8MB/s - way to go Asobo!

Vern.

I just downloaded it too... I must have a fast connection, cuz it only took 6 minutes.

But when the game links you to the Store... it's a little confusing, eh?

it says "Free", but the only way to get it is click "Buy and Download". It's only then that they explain that you will be awarded 'credit' which will be redeemed in the store to "pay" for the download.

Sounds like some bean counters are in charge.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

I have also downloaded the update. Didn’t take long at all.

I have t checked out Japan yet..

but there are now some tower blocks close to EGNM! (Leeds/Bradford)

What have they done? I’m sure these buildings aren’t there in real life

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Sorry no screenshot but on the new Japanese scenery I noticed a few of the dreaded terrain spikes after taking off on the tour event.

Incidentally if you do the tour, turns out you have to complete it in one sitting - won't let you save and resume later so not sure how long it takes to fly from Nagasaki to Tokyo!

Vern.

Quick question - I have premium and all is well post patch so far- no issues with base install. The Japan update is a separate download. How big is it and where does it reside. My FS is on C: drive and is 1 TB and I rarely fly Japan (how about never so far…) . Can you just leave it uninstalled for some later day when you have an urge to see Mt Fuji??

Thanks

Steve

If you just click on the 'Buy' button (not buy & download), it will just put in you Content Manager, and then you can install it whenever.

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;

2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64