Moving msfs 20 installation

I am guessing probably not due to files being written in different places.

That being said, I would like to move mine as well :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

The "move" option works great. It will take a while though so don't get excited if it looks like nothing is happening...............Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

• 9 months later...

Hi, I hope this thread is still "live" and somebody watching it.

I have a similar question that may be very easy to answer - or maybe not.

I installed MSFS on my SSD 250 GB (C:), since I naively thought space would suffice and SSD is sooo fast. I don't remember having been asked for an install-folder.

But then shortly before things were complete, the disk was full. I did not necessarily want to re-install, researched for some "move" solution and found it. A very smooth process, but took a while.

As a result, now I have two folders of the same name (Microsoft.FlightSimulator_%code%) on my PC:

- One in c:\Users\%me%\AppData\Local\Packages\

- and another (hidden) in H:\WPSystems\S-1-5-21-191etcetc\AppData\Local\Packages\.

Interesting:

Both LocalCache-folders seem identical, have the same files and size (141.362.773 k).

Only one folder on C: is NOT in H:, and that is SystemAppData (109 k).

Strange:

My file manager says that on C: 147.745.876 k of 242.830.764 k are free, where Windows uses 35.524.981 k, and Users (! including FS) 148.109.640 k (plus about 14.000.000 k for the rest).

My questions are:

• Is all this correct and necessary, or

• can I delete one of the two identical "LocalCache"-folders, or

• should I re-install the whole thing?

P.S.: There are two more MSFS-related folders unique on H: (WindowsApps, WpFSDepot) and of course others on C:.

• 1 year later...
Its ok m8 i solved it and it can be moved as its an App there is a vid on youtube it e explains how to do it

As of August 2022 this is the most simple, easier and accurate way to move your MSFS to another drive. It worked PERFECTLY for my MSFS MS store version with no additional procedures.

Edited by valero