Posky 747-100 port over, no tires after take off

k2wilson

I just downloaded the new "FSX/P3D POSKY Boeing 747-100 v4 Native Conversion Base Package" from the library. Everything works good except that as soon as the tires leave the ground, they disappear. The rest of the landing gear remains, and operates as it should, just no tires. Any ideas?

What happens if you retract the gear, then put gear back down?

I tried that. I even tried restarting both FSX and my computer. No change. The landing gear is there, even the axles are there, just no tires. I finally tried using the model file from an older Posky 747-100. That worked, so there is a problem with all 4 models included in the latest package. So much for "improved"

From the last line in the product description:

Follow the instructions in the Readme txt file. And read the documentation for more info and the credits on this base package. If you have any questions/comments or any problems while installing this base package, feel free to contact me.

Might want to contact them and let them know about this problem. Don't count on them reading the forums.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

UPDATE: I downloaded the package again. Everything works like it should! I replaced the glass cockpit panel with an analogue version.....the tires fell off! The analogue panel worked perfectly, but somehow, caused the tires to fall off...go figure. Going back to the glass panel, it all works now. WTF?

I agree with mrzippy, contact the authors and let them know.

However, what you have identified with the animation working correctly with one panel and not the other suggests that the animation in some way is reliant on gauges (probably a variable within a gauge).

I'm speculating, but what you could try is to compare the two panel.cfgs from the respective gauges and see if anything in there points to animation control. If you can copy the controlling gauge from the analogue panel to the glass panel.cfg, you might be able to get this sorted.

It's still a long shot, the controlling gauge may be very difficult to identify.

Good luck!

Trent

Edited by BlueSox14
Forgot to sign off my name!

I sent an email to the author....no reply. I compared the 2 panel cfgs., I don't know enough about them to see anything. Screw it, I'll just use the panel that it came with, and pretend my 747-100 was modified to a glass cockpit.

I sent an email to the author....no reply. I compared the 2 panel cfgs., I don't know enough about them to see anything.

I have come across other panels which affect the appearance of landing gear. It will be a function of one of the panel's gauges.

If you have chosen to change a feature of the aircraft from the way it is supplied and find it then doesn't work properly you can't really expect the developer's support.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

If you are going to replace a panel with a plane from Posky, make sure you keep the Posky panel stuff with your newly installed panel. I think one of them is called Posky Debug, and there's another one as well. Those panel addons with the Posky planes has some features that help the plane, like with wing flex, and landing gear/nose wheel steering. I found out about that many years ago, when I replaced a panel in one of their 747's, and found I couldn't steer the thing, let alone get it to move. Once I troubleshot the thing down to those, I added those to the panel I was adding to fly with, and the plane flew and drove fine.

• 3 years later...

OK, this is an older thread, but I use prepar3d v4.5 as my retro-sim regulary and got the same problem. My solution was to import the model in ModelconverterX and export it as native Prepare3d v4.4 model. There is also a newer Posky744 folder that comes with the pbr-models.