MSFS Boeing 747-8 Flaps not working

I am trying to set Flaps 10 prior to takeoff. I set the flap lever accordingly and almost immediately the flap lever goes back to the 0 position. Looking from an outside view and using F7 I can see the slats extend and immediately retract. This was working before the patch! I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator but it didn’t help. Any suggestion?

They work if you stay in the cockpit. If you go into showcase mode, then AI is flying your airplane.

Also, did you check to see if you have activated the AI mode. Make sure in the toolbar at the top, that you don't have the AI in control.

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

They work if you stay in the cockpit. If you go into showcase mode, then AI is flying your airplane.

Also, did you check to see if you have activated the AI mode. Make sure in the toolbar at the top, that you don't have the AI in control.

You, Sir, are absolutely brilliant, AI mode was active. I have already been caught out when a 747 kept getting pushed back before I was ready. Thank you so much.