This Is The Biggest Scam Since Mae West Invited Me To her Bed Room

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what specifically is bad? You have people that don't know how to run the sim. You have a few annoyances. The rest is amazing!! It is like being given a world travel package, with airplane included.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I can't believe that I would get to this point, but I now agree with the negative posts. Since the last update, avionics come up blank at flight startup, or if they work at startup, they quit partway thru the flight. Or, the program just crashes to desktop with no error message. Rather than occasionally happening, it has got to the point of always happening.

Back to FSX at least until the next update.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Do you have both the yoke and joystick attached at the same time? If so, try detaching one.

I have not had any of those problems??

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I've already shelved it. I did not pay $120.00 to constantly be trouble shooting this software...that is not my responsibility. I knew this simulator was not even close to being ready for release. Yeah...the scenery is nice but we paid for the planes and everything else to work also. I agree...maybe in a year I'll come back to it.

Cheers :)

Aaron

Must admit, after my second occurrence of the 747-800 dropping out of APP mode on finals to KEWR, decided to load up XP11 for a change of scenery. The default 747 feels nice and as you taxi out to the runway, really feel you are handling a massive heavy aircraft. Flight plan copied into FMC and I know it will still be there when I reload the flight tomorrow. No drama from the AP or AT, altitude and VS dialled in, rock steady as was the LNAV tracking, no hunting from side to side as with the FS bird.

Scenery, okay a bit bland compared but quite passable and let's face it at FL320 you are not looking at a whole lot of ground detail. Also 40+ FPS vs. 20 FPS. I know the XP default aircraft have a few issues when resuming too, but nothing like the tussle FS20 presents.

Hopefully if there is a FS20 update tomorrow it will bring some core updates and not just the pretty scenery.

Vern.

I know it is still new, but lets be honest, it was released way too early! We the 'purchasers' are truly beta testers on this one.

But my biggest fear is that I'm not too sure the developers will truly be able to bring it up to an acceptable level. Going by what happened with the last 'update', I'm not really holding my breath.

As much as I would like to see it develop and succeed, I have this nagging feeling that it will be abandoned 'unfinished', or left to third parties to take it over.

I do hope I am wrong!

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;

2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

Do you have both the yoke and joystick attached at the same time? If so, try detaching one.

I have not had any of those problems??

Using yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals only. I must admit that I had problems that I eventually found were caused by myself in using addons at the same time. But what I am now experiencing is with just the basic application.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

I can appreciate that there are many pre-launch expectations that aren't being met...yet, but a scam is defined as "a dishonest scheme; a fraud". This is not a fraud. It's the best thing to happen for me since the old ATP in 1984 showed me how this hobby was growing. I am a different type of simmer (GA, VFR) and I am having a blast in MSFS! Yeah, there are things I wish were better, but I see this as a very promising start (the whole world! great scenery, weather, some great GA planes, etc.) all for only $59...the price of one MILVIZ T-38A Talon addon (I like MILVIZ BTW). My goal is to enjoy hand flying, for now. At some point I'll try my hand at the more sophisticated aircraft, but as I can see from initial reviews, MSFS will need to keep getting better, and has made a commitment to stand behind it. Time will tell.

I can see that FSX and X-Plane (I have both) work best just now for those who like to fly different than I do. It's great to have choices. Enjoy your choices!

Since people are saying that we are (involuntary) beta testers, I decided to troubleshoot my problems and seem to have discovered something (maybe). When I fly with AI traffic, I lose the autopilot at some point in the flight. When I fly without any AI traffic, everything works fine. I've tried it several times each way with the same result. Is this a known issue?

I can appreciate that there are many pre-launch expectations that aren't being met...yet, but a scam is defined as "a dishonest scheme; a fraud". This is not a fraud. It's the best thing to happen for me since the old ATP in 1984 showed me how this hobby was growing. I am a different type of simmer (GA, VFR) and I am having a blast in MSFS! Yeah, there are things I wish were better, but I see this as a very promising start (the whole world! great scenery, weather, some great GA planes, etc.) all for only $59...the price of one MILVIZ T-38A Talon addon (I like MILVIZ BTW). My goal is to enjoy hand flying, for now. At some point I'll try my hand at the more sophisticated aircraft, but as I can see from initial reviews, MSFS will need to keep getting better, and has made a commitment to stand behind it. Time will tell.

I can see that FSX and X-Plane (I have both) work best just now for those who like to fly different than I do. It's great to have choices. Enjoy your choices!

Absolutely. It’s a shame that the games industry as a whole treats customers as paying beta testers but like you I’m thoroughly enjoying VFR GA and to call this a scam is ridiculous hyperbole.

Why, o why did you all rush in where angels fear to tread to be amongst the first to buy into MSFS?

I'm sure you all followed the beta testing comments of the status of the game? But...

you wanted to be amongst the first to play!

No sympathy & no pity party for those, relatively informed, but decided to dive in anyway!

Mea Culpa indeed!

Eyes wide open, you decided to buy into the Holy Grail....

LOL, BTW, how on earth can it be called a scam??

Edited by zswobbie1

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Why, o why did you all rush in where angels fear to tread to be amongst the first to buy into MSFS?

I'm sure you all followed the beta testing comments of the status of the game? But...

you wanted to be amongst the first to play!

No sympathy & no pity party for those, relatively informed, but decided to dive in anyway!

Mea Culpa indeed!

Eyes wide open, you decided to buy into the Holy Grail....

LOL, BTW, how on earth can it be called a scam??

I rushed in because I wanted to get bak into flight sims and I knew from reviewers I trust that it would meet my expectations for a first release. And it has exceeded them. I can think of many initial releases of Triple A games that have been way, way worse than this. One or two that probably merited the term “scam”.

Sure, MFS is flawed, but I’ve got 150 hours of enjoyment from it so far. My only regret is I didn’t buy the deluxe version.

Casey Jones, if you're going to create a thread about something, especially as red hot as this thread title and one sentence is, at least offer up some substance as to why you think it's a scam. When you don't you have the ability to sound like you think the moon is made of cheese or something and thus people will just ignore you.

Is it a scam? No, I don't think so.

Is it full of bugs? Yes, at present I think so.

Have I bought it? No, and won't for a very long time until it matures and there's loads of add-ons.

Until then I'll happily fly in FSX.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Curiously, in the recent purchase by Microsoft of the ZeniMax game studios (and all the various game studios that ZeniMax owns) they issued a statement to the effect that no longer would games be released incomplete to be "fixed" in update patches flowing out rapidly after release. Funny how they would make that statement, given how they've managed to do essentially that with MSFS2020 -- although the frequency of the update patches leaves a lot to be desired.

However, for my flying situation (practically all of it VFR, short flights in single-engine planes) MSFS2020 works just fine with a few start-up failures putting me back on the desktop. And I've always got FS9 with all of the addons I purchased to fall back on if MSFS2020 fails me. FS-X never worked well for me, no matter what sort of hardware I have used, so I never really enjoyed that. But FS9 is solid as a rock, frame rates close to 100fps with graphic sliders on full.

I am starting to get a little worried. I am seeing more and more experienced flight simers come to the conclusion that the sim is not worth it in its current state and have decided to wait until things get worked out.

Problem is the bean counters at MS will just see this as lack of sales/interest. When the customers abandon the software the developer and publisher is not far behind.

Edited by natman1965

Everyone is making the assumption that most of these are valid bugs, when in fact most of the issues are either user error (the sim does do things differently than everyone learned in FS2000-FSX, but that isn''t a bug, the other programs had the autopilot oversimplified, and inaccurately modeled it. there is no official manual which is a huge mistake since so many things work differently), or annoyances, things that don't really keep you from flying, but that don't really work perfectly yet, like boat traffic apparently, or AI flying into objects. But the basic program does work, and the display of the world is phenomenal. I am not complaining, because i have been too busy flying in it, it does work!!

Many of those complaining, don't even own the product. Instead of a list of indictments, you get assertions like "it is full of bugs." when in fact most of those are user incompetence. The statement that "It is full of bugs." comes from many that don't even own it! Sure, it is annoying that it won't run on your expensive laptop, but that isn't the programs fault. No it doesn't work easily with some controllers, but there are many that do work. Don't just accept that all these detractors are factually accurate in their assessment, when they don't even own it!

I am right there with you...will Asobo actually get this thing to where it is supposed to be.

Or are we looking at another (Flight) debacle. My gut tells me Asobo is in over their heads

and we'll be left holding the bag on this one. We'll see how it rinses out.

Aaron

I am starting to get a little worried. I am seeing more and more experienced flight simers come to the conclusion that the sim is not worth it in its current state and have decided to wait until things get worked out.

Problem is the bean counters at MS will just see this as lack of sales/interest. When the customers abandon the software the developer and publisher is not far behind.

I'm not worried at all. Once the Xbox market opens up, sales will soar (to coin a phrase).

As far as abandoning the software, well, sales are already done, so no loss.

In the future? There has been more & more add-ons, both freeware & payware being released on a daily basis, so.. no doom nor gloom.

Considering the complexity of the software, & the variation of hardware being used, it amazing how well the software is working.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

I am right there with you...will Asobo actually get this thing to where it is supposed to be.

Or are we looking at another (Flight) debacle. My gut tells me Asobo is in over their heads

I said before there was any MSFS announcement that we would never see a serious modern replacement for the old sims we use. You just can’t achieve it.

By this point I have seen enough to totally confirm everything. MSFS is a mess and it isn’t going to get better from here on. People have some incredibly frustrating and costly times ahead. Best of luck.

Mark Daniels

Asobo so far lack the finishing touch that Micrsoft could bring from their loose change.

It remains to be seem whether they can raise their game. I'd never heard of Asobo, and judged by their achievement so far, I haven't missed anything. A couple of patches ain't gonna cut it.

A majpr upgrade should/must deal with all remaining issues, or else all credibility is lost. The SDK needs to be available NOW.