This Is The Biggest Scam Since Mae West Invited Me To her Bed Room

Do you own it Mark. When you say you have seen enough and that it is a mess, are those comments based on your test and flights, or from reading some opinion? Professional pilots seem to like it. The flying experience is incredible. It works. I am not an experienced airline pilot, but those that are seem to like it. Again, most of the detractors don't own it??
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don’t need to own it just like I don’t need to get COVID to know it’s no good.

There is a massive database of feedback out there. Along with my own understanding there is more than plenty to come to an accurate conclusion.

I have been flying flight sims since FS95. I created an elevation model mod for Fly! back in the day (if you remember that flight simulator) and have created some airports for P3D. I am also a real world pilot. FS2020 is one hell of a flight sim. No its not perfect by any means. It has issues such as control sensitivity/effectiveness, etc. and others that are much discussed but to be a first try for this company it is amazing. I was flying around downtown Chicago last night in a 152 and was just stunned. How they can incorporate all those objects and still have a nice frame rate is mind boggling to me. I remember the days when a few building objects would drag the sim down so much it was a slide show.

Unfortunately in the world we live it everyone wants it now and they want it to be perfect. Anything less and they freak out. I have no doubt that they will get the bugs worked out and this sim will be "the sim" for a long time. While they do that I am going to enjoy the sim and as long as they continue to improve it, I will support them. Tonight I am going to explore New York City.

I respectfully disagree. I run it and enjoy it. It is astoundingly detailed and the three dimensional quality is way beyond anything I have experienced. The same kind of negative detractors appeared back when FS2000 was released. It was a different experience than FS98, and many just lambasted it, in spite of it's innovation for the period. This program does work differently and there is a learning curve, but none of that means it is "no good"!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I have been using flight simulator since FS4 and bought every version on the day of release. Bought P3D on first day of release for every version. P3Dv1 was rough (but the basics worked), but after felt a little burned after MS closed Aces and FSX went bust, I held off on MS Flight and never purchased. When I saw how quickly MSFS went through Beta I decided to hold off and let others be beta testers after release.

A simmer pinned it as a "scenery simulator" and I should be excited by that as I design scenery but I am still on a holding pattern until I see a full SDK. I'd say 6 months to a year for me before I jump in and things settle down.

I respectfully disagree. I run it and enjoy it. It is astoundingly detailed and the three dimensional quality is way beyond anything I have experienced. The same kind of negative detractors appeared back when FS2000 was released. It was a different experience than FS98, and many just lambasted it, in spite of it's innovation for the period. This program does work differently and there is a learning curve, but none of that means it is "no good"!

Game development today is not what it was 15-20 years ago. To create a flight sim equivalent to what we had with FS9 or FSX today is near impossible. MS know this and they have tried to cheat by basing MSFS off old platforms but still failed.

A patch or two like any of the other sims past isn’t going to fix MSFS. You can already see developers like PMDG now see they can’t develop a complex aircraft for it at this stage.

MSFS was never created to give us a follow on from FSX. It’s been created to be a cash cow.

Mark Daniels

Can I assume all this drama means the rest if us are going to be left alone to enjoy and constructively discuss the game from now on?

Yea. I thought not.

Some of us aren’t happy we are not getting a proper flight sim so this is the place to express it. Some want to say the world could not be better. Threads have titles so each user can determine if the content is something they wish to read. This is now the second thread with a title making it blatantly clear the type of discussion you can expect.

Don’t open the thread and we’ll all be happy! lol

Mark Daniels

Mark,

No one is saying you can't enjoy FSX or FS98 for that matter. The FMS is not really functional, which means a PMDG isn't ready to release for it, and if a study level aircraft is what your after, it isn't there yet. I don't run the sim to flip air conditioner switches and seat belt signs. I don't disparage those that enjoy that, but it isn't my motivation. I still occasionally fly a Baron Ram 325 58TC/P and a 737-500 in FSX. We don't have those choices yet in MSFS. That certainly does not mean those won't eventually appear. It certainly doesn't mean I spend much of my time in FSX. If that is what you enjoy, it is still an option. But that doesn't mean MSFS is "no good". The autopilot in MSFS is much more complex than the one in FSX, just as the RW AP is also. If I want to see places i will never be able to visit, MSFS really gives a sense of that environment, where FSX just does not create that for me. I want a Dash 8 100/200 but those are not available yet. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the aircraft available until my desired projects get attention.

I do not understand why some people need to post that they are not going to use MSFS. We really do not care that you aren't using it. And once you stop using it... there's no need for you to continue to post here, right?

If you want the rest of us to justify your decision... well, that ain't gonna happen. For most of us, we're quite satisfied.

So. to all those who are not going to use this software anymore... good-bye, and have a nice day :)

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Some of us aren’t happy we are not getting a proper flight sim so this is the place to express it. Some want to say the world could not be better. Threads have titles so each user can determine if the content is something they wish to read. This is now the second thread with a title making it blatantly clear the type of discussion you can expect.

Don’t open the thread and we’ll all be happy! lol

Yea but these aren’t constructive criticism - they are just rants against a game people have not actually played and a game people have confected in their heads rom cherry picking other rants or the problems a minority say they are experiencing. And this confected game is one that bear little or no resemblance to the one the rest of us are enjoying to various extents.

Today I took off from a short runway in Cyprus in a Cubcraft. Swapped to a Daher and flew autopilot to Bierut abd down the coast to Tel Aviv. Then I switched to a Cessna and flew over Temple Mount before switching back to the Daher and flying down the Gaza Strip, across the Sinai and landing at Cairo International.

Every inch of the route looked awesome and the autopilot didn’t kill me once. On top of that there was a new, extensive patCh and a huge Japan upgrade. All this in a game that has not been out two months.

Look, if people get more from other flight sims then that’s fine. Play them. I’m not in those forums berating them for looking crap and not having the entire world to fly over for just £60. I’m enjoying this one. And this one is what it is - and what it is not is the nightmare a minority are inventing by cutting and pasting snippets from posts by people having specific issues.

As Triple A releases go, this one has gone pretty well. There’s no indication that it will die in a year. Third party developers are flocking to make money from it and the developers are demonstrating an ongoing commitment.

I guess one way to determine if something is a scam or not depends on the difference between what is promised and what is delivered.

My principle objection is not so much to the quality of the sim as such--as to the yearlong hyped up videos that told us we could expect something far different from what we have been given. They show a fundamental lack of respect to a community comprised of its principle customers.

Advertising is so ubiquitous that we hardly notice it sometimes.

Hype is bad enough when it just hijacks our time and intrudes on the spaces where we go to find non-commercial information. When it is purposely misleading it is far worse still.

How much of our time (i.e. what part of our lives) has been spent in the past year in anticipation of the fulfillment of these promises?

Then when they are shown to have been empty, there are those who would have us keep our complaints to ourselves. Is it possible that these companies weren't aware that they had very little to deliver as measured against the representations they were making. I really don't think so.

Were they hoping that many of us would not notice--or care. If so, it seems to have been a well placed hope.

I just think that we, as a community, should start demanding better and hold them to account. Perhaps the developers of the next "Ground-breaking Achievement" will notice that.

Maybe the community should hold their horses & just wait awhile, to see if what was promised, advertised is actually delivered.

Maybe the community should take responsibility for their quick actions for buying something without checking if it is what they want, not what was advertised?

Demanding better & holding Asobo to account? You rushed to buy the game 'as is'.. Dont blame Asobo!

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Maybe the community should hold their horses & just wait awhile, to see if what was promised, advertised is actually delivered.

Maybe the community should take responsibility for their quick actions for buying something without checking if it is what they want, not what was advertised?

Demanding better & holding Asobo to account? You rushed to buy the game 'as is'.. Dont blame Asobo!

With respect, I didn't rush to buy it. I bought it shortly after they said it was ready for release.

Your statement makes very little sense to me. How are we to "check to see if it is what we want" without buying it first--or waiting for someone else to risk their money and let us know.

As long as we're prepared to accept whatever is given us and make such paltry excuses for these companies out of a reluctance to admit that we have been taken--releases like this are all we can expect.

Constantly asking the question:

"What are you complaining about some day it will work.?" just doesn't seem like a valid response to me.

This company mounted a yearlong misleading campaign for this product knowing they would create a great deal of impatience. Now, after they have cashed in on that campaign,--they (as well as some of us) are asking for-- patience?

I guess I'm just hoping for something better.

Edited by billythebassman

It is unfortunate to read about the unfavourable experiences. It is an over reaction to title a thread for this release as a scam. I wish everyone could appreciate the background technology that went into this release to make the entire world available (out of the box) and experience simulated flight (for the very first time) for $60 to generations of thousands of people on their home computer. This is Version 1.0. It will get better with updates and an evolving SDK. I have only flown the TBM 930 in the sim and the default flight characteristics are reasonable. Yes, the G3000 is pretty crude at this time. On the other hand, my real world aviation app - ForeFlight integrates seamlessly with the autopilot and the G3000 flight deck. As a GA pilot, the ability to explore any airport worldwide is a real treat for $60. Just imagine the release of study level aircraft for this sim (several months out) in combination with the detail of scenery that we are now experiencing - this is the flight sim technology of the future.

Billy, what were you promised specifically, that you didn't get. The ads show beautifully modeled aircraft in elegant scenery. We got all of that. The ads don't tout the vnav ability of the aircraft. The ads don't show PMDG aircraft. You invented your expectations, not those ads. We got what the ads show. It is a usable product with some annoyances that are being fixed. The actual experience is amazing in detail and really feels three dimensional. That was what i got!

With respect, I didn't rush to buy it. I bought it shortly after they said it was ready for release.

Your statement makes very little sense to me. How are we to "check to see if it is what we want" without buying it first--or waiting for someone else to risk their money and let us know.

As long as we're prepared to accept whatever is given us and make such paltry excuses for these companies out of a reluctance to admit that we have been taken--releases like this are all we can expect.

Constantly asking the question:

"What are you complaining about some day it will work.?" just doesn't seem like a valid response to me.

This company mounted a yearlong misleading campaign for this product knowing they would create a great deal of impatience. Now, after they have cashed in on that campaign,--they (as well as some of us) are asking for-- patience?

I guess I'm just hoping for something better.

Like you, I bought it within a few days of release. I returned it for a refund a few days later.

It does some things well. Others less so.

I could not countenance a reduction in realism and simulation and justify a premium update in my hardware PURELY to meet arbitrary requirements unless the sim was THAT good.

It ain't yet. I'll give it a year and then decide.

Asobo should be made aware that the Golden Rule applies: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." And you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Be warned!

Billy, what were you promised specifically, that you didn't get. The ads show beautifully modeled aircraft in elegant scenery. We got all of that. The ads don't tout the vnav ability of the aircraft. The ads don't show PMDG aircraft. You invented your expectations, not those ads. We got what the ads show. It is a usable product with some annoyances that are being fixed. The actual experience is amazing in detail and really feels three dimensional. That was what i got!

To YOU annoyances are mere trifles; To me, they intrude on the very purpose and reason for it's existence.

It's just a not very good simulation!

Else I would have bought Microsoft Flight and saved myself the cost and aggravation instead of being a realistic simulacrum.

I understand some peoples frustration! If you happen to love flying big airliners its not going to happen anytime soon. I own PMDG for Prepar3d and I like to fly by the book as much as I can.

But, if you are also like me who flies GA, then it ain't that bad. The Cessna 152 is a wonderful plane, something I have flown in real life. I have been doing an around the world flight VFR at the moment in the C-152 using live weather, starting from KFRG and have arrived at GOOSE BAY in Canada.

Never cheated by looking at a GPS. Printed charts from skyvector and made use of them. IT WORKS GUYS.

So lets look at the positive and make the best of it.

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

I've stopped using it also. My daddy told me life is too short to dance with ugly women. I'll be back someday...if they ever manage to get things right..........Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.