This Is The Biggest Scam Since Mae West Invited Me To her Bed Room

From my last post people have effectively told me this is a Bing maps GA simulator. Not even a GA simulator as I believe it's more a 152 Bing Maps simulator only. For this we need to buy the product and spend thousands on hardware???

Google maps is free and has street view if I want to explore the world. I don't want to do that. I want to simulate flying a plane.

It's called Microsoft Flight Simulator. Let's get serious here as some of the comments are absurd. The expectation is it delivers as per the other titles given this name. A flight simulator! This means flying various aircraft to all kinds of airports, big and small and to have plenty of other AI aircraft around you. You do this using realistic forms of navigation and with ATC. This game does not deliver.

Japan! OMG! Of course it will be great! That's your bait for your first paid DLC. Resources aren't going into making this a flight simulator, they are going into fishing.

You all paid for a finished Microsoft Flight Simulator and you haven't got it. None of you made a partial payment and will pay the rest in full once it's complete.

I just think that we, as a community, should start demanding better and hold them to account. Perhaps the developers of the next "Ground-breaking Achievement" will notice that.

Yes! That would be common sense and if everyone did it we might once again see finished games when you pay for a finished product. Some people get slapped in the face and then say, "Slap me again!"

I have no sympathy. I'm totally happy with my sim of choice. It would be nice to add another but you gotta sell me something that is worth my $$$ and time.

Mark Daniels

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mark,

We know you don't like it, but you don't need to spend thousands on hardware to enjoy it. Based on what I am seeing, you would probably have a good experience with a I5 9600, and RTX 2060super and a 1080p monitor, if you have a good internet connection.

To me, the value is already there, in the many planes I fly (not just the 152, I have actually flown that very little). This is the first and only product that feels like I am actually visiting the location in three dimension. FSX is just a smattering of stock ground textures, many of which are very unlike the actual landscape. I know you can buy a jillion dollars worth of photo real scenery and add it in, but you will only cover a small area. In FS2020 you get the whole world looking like it really does, for the price of one or two scenery packages. The Cubcrafter is a really nice aircraft. I like regional airliners, not the larger versions currently available, but I can enjoy a lot of other aircraft until they appear. I don't fly into NYC or LAX, most of my flights are in and out of smaller airports. I am just getting started exploring flights in exotic locations. I hope you continue to enjoy your simulator of choice, but it is a choice, FS2020 does work to what i enjoy now, and i expect it to get even better as more aircraft become available. I had these same discussions 20 years ago with a bunch of FS98 adherents. Progress will go on even if you don't approve!

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

From my last post people have effectively told me this is a Bing maps GA simulator. Not even a GA simulator as I believe it's more a 152 Bing Maps simulator only. For this we

It's called Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Yea. That’s what we’re saying. You nailed it.

The expectation is it delivers as per the other titles given this name. A flight simulator! This means flying various aircraft to all kinds of airports, big and small and to have plenty of other AI aircraft around you. You do this using realistic forms of navigation and with ATC. This game does not deliver.

That's your definition Mark, but the truth is...a flight simulator is software/hardware which simulates real flight:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_flight_simulation

Unless you've actually left terra firma, you're not actually flying...you're simulating it...which is what all our sims do (this includes Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020).

I'm totally happy with my sim of choice. It would be nice to add another but you gotta sell me something that is worth my $$$ and time.

Are you happy? If so, why are you still here? Do you plan to piss all over every thread in this forum? Flight simming is supposed to be an escape from the sick world we live in, something relaxing and fun. If MSFS 2020 isn't you, why continue to cry here? Is it really about the new sim, or is it about you desperately needing validation on your superior opinions? What the hell do you care about anyone that has purchased the sim and is enjoying, flaws or not? You seem bothered that not everyone is angry as you are.

Here the bottom line. Nothing. Will. Ever. Be. Perfect. Imperfection is what simming is. If it were perfect we'd be up in an actual aircraft dealing with the problems and stresses of real pilots. Simulation is pretending to do the real thing. But this world is a mess, so we accept some things are always needing improvement.

FS9 is my favorite game of all time, yet, it's not perfect. Most of us can't ignore Windows 10 as we have reasons we need it. Not all can have a FS anything dedicated machine to just run a sim. I run FS9 on Windows 10 in compatibillity mode on XP SP3. I also run it with the no CD patch as i have a habit of forgetting where all my discs are. If I get a new computer, it might not have a CD drive without me buying an external. Shall I be mad at Best Buy for selling me a computer that doesn't work with my software from 50 billion years ago? Of course not.

FSX? Sorry, I do love FSX and miss playing it daily. But......I'd seriously love to know what super computer Microsoft used to promote the game (debacle), and FSX peeps view it with rose colored glasses. I built my son a gaming rig in 2016 with what would have been top of the line hardware when FSX was released. I personally found it to be sooooooooo choppy and slow. Yes, there are threads about how to "tweak" certain things to make it better. But that's 10 YEARS after the sim was released. TEN. On top of it, the FSX forum has threads started in 2013 about crashes and and tweaks, with replies and content from THIS YEAR. In 2016 after trying some of the tweaking I'd get out of memory errors and other erroneous errors. I learned to save every flight before entering final approach, as it was a crapshoot as to whether the game would freeze or crash during the finals... with lots of ram, a high end video card, SSD, and on and on.

But, Why does everything have to be a competition? Can't MSFS be what it is (a newborn), FS9 be the delicious legend with a million free addons, FSX the beautiful delicious version that took us to the next level but has it's own flaws, P3D (some of us probably can't afford it but wish we could), X-Plane 11, the mysterious alternative that looks great and is awesome in it's own way. Each of these is awesome in its own way yet imperfect. Did you ever play FS95? I had it, loved it, and had to use so much imagination it might have well been an 80's Atari game. I didn't even have a Joystick, and navigated with a keyboard with arrow keys. So? I still loved it, and got bad grades in high school because it was all i cared about. If you love another sim, what does it matter what we think? Be happy with you have as it's what works for you.

Life is short. Life is full of problems. Turn off your computer. Go outside and smell the season of autumn that is upon us. Drink water, forget you have a smart phone, turn off the cable news, learn to cook something. Vote! Think about helping someone who can never pay you back, and will never know your sacrifice on their behalf.

I love that you are passionate about the sim, it means you love it like the rest of us. Please don't think I'm against you, as you are one of us. I used to be so negative in a baseball forum I follow, and someone had the decency to call me out. They were right to do so, and I've tried to be thoughtful and constructive since then. Does what I say have a meaningful/positive feel for my fellow posters?

Lemme say something else in all fairness to you. I haven't played FS2020. It might be months before I have a computer that could dream of launching the splash screen, and by then some things might be better or worse, who knows. But one thing I've learned about messaged boards for software: When a product is new, it's often an unofficial beta that probably needs 50 more years of testing by people who weren't paying customers. I worked in tech support for a product that when released, brought small businesses to their knees when upgrading during the first month, as there were legit problems. I was threatened, verbally abused, screamed at, demoralized, as upgrading customers couldn't open their sales databases after paying for an upgrade. Not a sexy computer game, but a game that altered peoples lives while we worked on fixes.

So it's hard for me to come here, envy those who can play this game and explore the beautiful world that hasn't burnt to a crisp, yet see so much bitterness and anxiety over something that shouldn't really matter all that much in the grand scheme. I'm truly sorry you haven't had a wonderful experience and I hope that you will be able to enjoy it someday. Hell, i wish that for me too. Maybe I'll have problems when I get my top of the line gaming rig. Who knows.

If I had seen in 1995 how we'd be simming in 2020, as our world falls apart, as my homeland burns, as dictators and their sheep rule the land, as airlines suffer during covid, as people are dying, as I just found active bread yeast in my store for the first time in 6 months, so i can continue learning how to make pizza from scratch, as toilet paper is still being hoarded...................................ok i'll end it there.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

From my last post people have effectively told me this is a Bing maps GA simulator. Not even a GA simulator as I believe it's more a 152 Bing Maps simulator only. For this we need to buy the product and spend thousands on hardware???

Google maps is free and has street view if I want to explore the world. I don't want to do that. I want to simulate flying a plane.

It's called Microsoft Flight Simulator. Let's get serious here as some of the comments are absurd. The expectation is it delivers as per the other titles given this name. A flight simulator! This means flying various aircraft to all kinds of airports, big and small and to have plenty of other AI aircraft around you. You do this using realistic forms of navigation and with ATC. This game does not deliver.

Japan! OMG! Of course it will be great! That's your bait for your first paid DLC. Resources aren't going into making this a flight simulator, they are going into fishing.

You all paid for a finished Microsoft Flight Simulator and you haven't got it. None of you made a partial payment and will pay the rest in full once it's complete.

Yes! That would be common sense and if everyone did it we might once again see finished games when you pay for a finished product. Some people get slapped in the face and then say, "Slap me again!"

I have no sympathy. I'm totally happy with my sim of choice. It would be nice to add another but you gotta sell me something that is worth my $$$ and time.

But we were/are able to get full refunds if/when the product turns out to be mis-described?

The only thing you don't get back is all the time you wasted getting the rubbish in the first place!

OK, I have patiently endured these endless rants from dissatisfied customers, and try to sympathize with the difficulties and frustrations they have encountered. Like almost everyone, I have had my own share of problems including CTDs. What keeps me going is the incredibly immersive, lifelike feel of flying this sim, something I have never experienced in 39 years of flight simming going back to FS2, and for the last 14 years in FSX. Calling MSFS a "scam", "ripoff", etc. etc. is beyond ridiculous. This is a product offered for sale with full refund for those not satisfied. No scam, no ripoff! It is time for the terminally disgruntled to leave the premises and let those of us who think this sim is an incredible advance, go forward as the kinks are worked out. I realize this is itself a rant, and it felt good!

Back to XP-11. Waited for patches before I got it. Download took me 2 days. Fired it up and saw the beautiful eye candy then went further into it and found the sour parts. Been using flight sims since my Atari days and this one has got me baffled. It’s probably because I’m so used to P3D setup I have a hard time with this. Downloaded 3 new airports and put the in the community folder. They don’t show and now the sim crashes to desktop. I just learned that the latest patch with the Japan update is anther 20 gigs to download. I’ve reached my limit. I am back in xp where you really have to fly the aircraft, graphic detail is not as great as MSFS but approaches it, a great community, great pay and freeware designers and a wonderful immersion factor.

Maybe will try again a year or so from now.