Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: This Is The Biggest Scam Since Mae West Invited Me To her Bed Room

I can appreciate that there are many pre-launch expectations that aren't being met...yet, but a scam is defined as "a dishonest scheme; a fraud". This is not a fraud. It's the best thing to happen for me since the old ATP in 1984 showed me how this hobby was growing. I am a different type of simmer (GA, VFR) and I am having a blast in MSFS! Yeah, there are things I wish were better, but I see this as a very promising start (the whole world! great scenery, weather, some great GA planes, etc.) all for only $59...the price of one MILVIZ T-38A Talon addon (I like MILVIZ BTW). My goal is to enjoy hand flying, for now. At some point I'll try my hand at the more sophisticated aircraft, but as I can see from initial reviews, MSFS will need to keep getting better, and has made a commitment to stand behind it. Time will tell.
    I can see that FSX and X-Plane (I have both) work best just now for those who like to fly different than I do. It's great to have choices. Enjoy your choices!

Since people are saying that we are (involuntary) beta testers, I decided to troubleshoot my problems and seem to have discovered something (maybe). When I fly with AI traffic, I lose the autopilot at some point in the flight. When I fly without any AI traffic, everything works fine. I've tried it several times each way with the same result. Is this a known issue?

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

It is possible! I never use AI traffic and I haven't had the issue?
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390 MB, 32gb G Skill 3000, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by g8tr View Post
    I can appreciate that there are many pre-launch expectations that aren't being met...yet, but a scam is defined as "a dishonest scheme; a fraud". This is not a fraud. It's the best thing to happen for me since the old ATP in 1984 showed me how this hobby was growing. I am a different type of simmer (GA, VFR) and I am having a blast in MSFS! Yeah, there are things I wish were better, but I see this as a very promising start (the whole world! great scenery, weather, some great GA planes, etc.) all for only $59...the price of one MILVIZ T-38A Talon addon (I like MILVIZ BTW). My goal is to enjoy hand flying, for now. At some point I'll try my hand at the more sophisticated aircraft, but as I can see from initial reviews, MSFS will need to keep getting better, and has made a commitment to stand behind it. Time will tell.
    I can see that FSX and X-Plane (I have both) work best just now for those who like to fly different than I do. It's great to have choices. Enjoy your choices!
    Absolutely. It’s a shame that the games industry as a whole treats customers as paying beta testers but like you I’m thoroughly enjoying VFR GA and to call this a scam is ridiculous hyperbole.

Why, o why did you all rush in where angels fear to tread to be amongst the first to buy into MSFS?

I'm sure you all followed the beta testing comments of the status of the game? But...
    you wanted to be amongst the first to play!
    No sympathy & no pity party for those, relatively informed, but decided to dive in anyway!

Mea Culpa indeed!

Eyes wide open, you decided to buy into the Holy Grail....

LOL, BTW, how on earth can it be called a scam??
    Last edited by zswobbie1; 09-29-2020 at 03:13 AM.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Why, o why did you all rush in where angels fear to tread to be amongst the first to buy into MSFS?

I'm sure you all followed the beta testing comments of the status of the game? But...
    you wanted to be amongst the first to play!
    No sympathy & no pity party for those, relatively informed, but decided to dive in anyway!

Mea Culpa indeed!

Eyes wide open, you decided to buy into the Holy Grail....

LOL, BTW, how on earth can it be called a scam??
    I rushed in because I wanted to get bak into flight sims and I knew from reviewers I trust that it would meet my expectations for a first release. And it has exceeded them. I can think of many initial releases of Triple A games that have been way, way worse than this. One or two that probably merited the term “scam”.

Sure, MFS is flawed, but I’ve got 150 hours of enjoyment from it so far. My only regret is I didn’t buy the deluxe version.

7. Default

Casey Jones, if you're going to create a thread about something, especially as red hot as this thread title and one sentence is, at least offer up some substance as to why you think it's a scam. When you don't you have the ability to sound like you think the moon is made of cheese or something and thus people will just ignore you.

Is it a scam? No, I don't think so.

Is it full of bugs? Yes, at present I think so.

Have I bought it? No, and won't for a very long time until it matures and there's loads of add-ons.

Until then I'll happily fly in FSX.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 09-29-2020 at 04:50 AM.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

8. Default

Curiously, in the recent purchase by Microsoft of the ZeniMax game studios (and all the various game studios that ZeniMax owns) they issued a statement to the effect that no longer would games be released incomplete to be "fixed" in update patches flowing out rapidly after release. Funny how they would make that statement, given how they've managed to do essentially that with MSFS2020 -- although the frequency of the update patches leaves a lot to be desired.

However, for my flying situation (practically all of it VFR, short flights in single-engine planes) MSFS2020 works just fine with a few start-up failures putting me back on the desktop. And I've always got FS9 with all of the addons I purchased to fall back on if MSFS2020 fails me. FS-X never worked well for me, no matter what sort of hardware I have used, so I never really enjoyed that. But FS9 is solid as a rock, frame rates close to 100fps with graphic sliders on full.

9. Default

I am starting to get a little worried. I am seeing more and more experienced flight simers come to the conclusion that the sim is not worth it in its current state and have decided to wait until things get worked out.

Problem is the bean counters at MS will just see this as lack of sales/interest. When the customers abandon the software the developer and publisher is not far behind.
    Last edited by natman1965; 09-29-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Everyone is making the assumption that most of these are valid bugs, when in fact most of the issues are either user error (the sim does do things differently than everyone learned in FS2000-FSX, but that isn''t a bug, the other programs had the autopilot oversimplified, and inaccurately modeled it. there is no official manual which is a huge mistake since so many things work differently), or annoyances, things that don't really keep you from flying, but that don't really work perfectly yet, like boat traffic apparently, or AI flying into objects. But the basic program does work, and the display of the world is phenomenal. I am not complaining, because i have been too busy flying in it, it does work!!
    Many of those complaining, don't even own the product. Instead of a list of indictments, you get assertions like "it is full of bugs." when in fact most of those are user incompetence. The statement that "It is full of bugs." comes from many that don't even own it! Sure, it is annoying that it won't run on your expensive laptop, but that isn't the programs fault. No it doesn't work easily with some controllers, but there are many that do work. Don't just accept that all these detractors are factually accurate in their assessment, when they don't even own it!
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390 MB, 32gb G Skill 3000, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast