Stutters..always the stutter

Bwoinbeerr

Good evening from the Netherlands!

I am having a big stutter problem. This especially during taxi. I think this did not happen on Windows 7, but

they are a big pain in the ass on W10 Pro.

I have tried many different things. I have tried different settings, different Nvidia Inspector settings and drivers, DX9 and DX10 modes, and I`ve tried some W10 tweaks, to speed up the OS. Unfortunately nothing seems to work. The weirest thing is that FSX seemed to run much better before I upgraded the CPU and GPU...

My Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

I7-3770K (not OC)

Nvidia 1050 Ti

8GB DDR3

Installed OS and FSX on separate SSD`s

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks

Good evening from the Netherlands!

I am having a big stutter problem. This especially during taxi. I think this did not happen on Windows 7, but

they are a big pain in the ass on W10 Pro.

I have tried many different things. I have tried different settings, different Nvidia Inspector settings and drivers, DX9 and DX10 modes, and I`ve tried some W10 tweaks, to speed up the OS. Unfortunately nothing seems to work. The weirest thing is that FSX seemed to run much better before I upgraded the CPU and GPU...

My Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

I7-3770K (not OC)

Nvidia 1050 Ti

8GB DDR3

Installed OS and FSX on separate SSD`s

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks

Why are you using Nvidia Inspector? Known to cause problems by the bucket load.

Seriously doubt its win10 - maybe you should reconfigure your .cfg now you have upgraded your card? Or maybe delete it and create a new one when you next open FSX. I suspect your problem lies in there somewhere?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Seriously doubt its win10 - maybe you should reconfigure your .cfg now you have upgraded your card? Or maybe delete it and create a new one when you next open FSX. I suspect your problem lies in there somewhere?
I've reinstalled fsx a number if times since upgrading my system. I think this mess started to happen after the Windows 10 2004 update, but I can't go back to the previous build...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

Absolutely delete the FSX.CFG (with FSX shut down and the file printed out), then start FSX and let it generate a new file. Now add the changes you have made in FSX.CFG back in, one by one, but set UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT to 25 or 30.

Jorgen

I have done that a couple of times, it seems no matter what I put in the cfg, the stutters remain, even after putting in ridiculous numbers for bufferpools and texture bandwith mult

Hi

The stutter remains, even after putting every slider all the way to the left, and global texture resolution to Very Low...

Windows 10 plays fine with FSX for me, never had any problems with either, have a look at

the guides here, they were originally for W7/8, but work fine with W10.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/the...opic46211.html

https://www.simforums.com/forums/nvi...opic59954.html

I have used these many times, and for me they just work, I have always locked my frame

rates at 1/2 the monitor refresh rate, (30 fps), switched off hyperthreading and use Nvidea

Inspector without problems, I don't spend hours tweaking buffer pools, fibre frame fractions

or any other meaningless tweaks that work for a while but then cause a problem somewhere,

I just fly and enjoy it.

My scenery may not be as good as some peoples, but I am happy with it, and after all, it is

supposed to be a flight simulator, not a scenery simulator.

GBLAX8.jpg

I am happy with views like this on approach, with the added bonus of no stutters, just nice

and smooth :cool:

i7-4770K CPU O/C 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Cooler Master Liquid Cooling System 16 GB G-Skill DDR3 Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Ultra High-Performance Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia HD-C985 video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder Deepcool Tesseract Mid Tower NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan Controller + 3 case fans Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

Hi

Windows 10 plays fine with FSX for me, never had any problems with either, have a look at

the guides here, they were originally for W7/8, but work fine with W10.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/the...opic46211.html

https://www.simforums.com/forums/nvi...opic59954.html

I have used these many times, and for me they just work, I have always locked my frame

rates at 1/2 the monitor refresh rate, (30 fps), switched off hyperthreading and use Nvidea

Inspector without problems, I don't spend hours tweaking buffer pools, fibre frame fractions

or any other meaningless tweaks that work for a while but then cause a problem somewhere,

I just fly and enjoy it.

My scenery may not be as good as some peoples, but I am happy with it, and after all, it is

supposed to be a flight simulator, not a scenery simulator.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]222475[/ATTACH]

I am happy with views like this on approach, with the added bonus of no stutters, just nice

and smooth :cool:

i7-4770K CPU O/C 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Cooler Master Liquid Cooling System 16 GB G-Skill DDR3 Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Ultra High-Performance Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia HD-C985 video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder Deepcool Tesseract Mid Tower NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan Controller + 3 case fans Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

Thanks, I"ll have a look at them links

Your simulator look awesome!

Just a thought...try turning off a few of the cores using the BIOS tool. A long time ago I had a copy of FSX that would not load...I turned the cores off and it ran smooth as butter from then on out.

Cheers...and good luck!

Do I have to do this in the BIOS itself?

You have propably tried it, but have you tried to default nvidia 3d settings and remove sny application overrides if any? I had a weird stuttering problem on another game that went away with pressing ”Defaults”, even if I thought I allready tried all the settings manually.
I have, but no dice.

When I reinstalled a vanilla FSX the stutter was there immediately..

Are you getting occasional mouse pauses when FS isn't running? I've encountered peripherals generating interrupts that went away when they were disconnected (a USB3 drive, for example).

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Just out of interest, have you defragmented your hard drives recently? Another thing that I thought about is, is your Flight sim on a separate hard drive from the main operating system? Sometimes updates and various scans are taking place behind the scenes which could severely impact your FPS.

Thanks to all for the support, I have spent hours these last few days, and I think I'll give this a rest, for now.

I am going back to FS9, and plan to buy a new pc next year.

I have spent 70/30 tweaking/flying the last 10 years, so it is time to fly..

Thanks guys!