Guess the state in the USA this screenshot comes from?

plainsman

I am wrong. You are correct, Ellsworth is just east of there. We never did go to either of the big lakes there, we always went inside the refuge. To the NW, just under the mountains, is a ramshackle cafe that serves the best hamburger in Oklahoma, the Meersburger.

Meers.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I am wrong. You are correct, Ellsworth is just east of there. We never did go to either of the big lakes there, we always went inside the refuge. To the NW, just under the mountains, is a ramshackle cafe that serves the best hamburger in Oklahoma, the Meersburger.

Yes, that does look like it might be a great hamburger joint! Biggest question, what beer(s) do they serve??

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Closest I've ever been to Oklahoma was Amarillo, TX on a trip between Reno and Tallahassee back in my heli firefighting days. Love a good burger though, if I ever make it down that way again before I croak I'll most definitely drop in for a Meersburger! :)

Last night I decided to see what I could do with Lake Lawtonka in P3D v4.5. I made some mesh, a photoreal, and generated some autogen with scenProc. Can't match FS2020 I'm afraid, the lighting is so much more realistic. This is actually a fairly high-resolution LOD17 photoreal captured from Google Maps with SbuilderX (LOD17 is what you typically get out of 30cm imagery so not the highest resolution possible, but probably above average). Here's what I came up with:

Lake_Lawtonka.jpg

Oddly this morning when I booted up the sim the display got all sparkly for a couple seconds and then the PC locked up. Apparently my graphics card shelled out, lol. I've been cringing for a couple years though thinking it's about time something shelled out with this PC, been running it since 2011. I booted in safe mode and reverted to the onboard VGA chipset for now (can't run the sim). Ordered up another card, supposed to be here a week from Friday. Today just sucked all around! Hope it didn't have anything to do with Oklahoma! :)

Edited by Jim Robinson

Sorry about your GPU!! FS2020 really bakes the video cards. The last patch did lower GPU stress just a little.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU