Coast-to-Coast Leg #2: Parkersburg, WV to St. Louis Downtown

engine70

After a brief stop and a plane swap, it's time for the next leg of our coast-to-coast journey. Today's trip will be in the Baron G58 from Parkersburg, West Virginia to St. Louis Downtown Airport. Flight time is about 2:45. As you'll see we encountered lots of different weather from overcast skies, dodging storms and finishing with nice weather on our arrival into St. Louis (it was actually supposed to be stormy in STL as well, but the MSFS weather engine wasn't showing that.)

Baron_1.jpg

Holding short of runway 21 at Parkersburg

Baron_2.jpg

Crossing over West Virginia into Ohio. Even on a gloomy day this sim looks incredible

Baron_3.jpg

The clouds are behind us for now...

Baron_4.jpg

But not for long as we head towards a much more threatening looking storm

Baron_5.jpg

Clouds are taking over again

Baron_6.jpg

We're in the thick of things now

Baron_7.jpg

It looked a lot worse than it was, just a few bumps and no rain

Baron_8.jpg

Clear skies now as we begin our approach to Downtown airport

Baron_9.jpg

No shots from landing, it was a bit hairy with a strong crosswind, but here is a shot taxiing in with the city of St. Louis in the background. Resizing the picture took some of the quality away, but if you look hard you can make out the arch.

Baron_10.jpg

Parked on the busy ramp. Grabbing some lunch and fuel, and then it's off to our next destination

Thanks as always for viewing!

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

Another nice set in this one. enjoying the coast to coast run! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice shots! And the Baron is always a sweet ride!!;)

I flew in and out of Parkersburg RW several times. I'm always in awe of how the change in the mountains affects your depth of field on approach. And frankly, some strange winds can flare up in an instant from all those valleys and the rivers!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Don't forget the Arch!!

One of the fun things about flying a sim is the ability to do silly or even stupid stunts and shoot screenies of doing it. Sadly with the internet, increasing oversight, etc. RW flying can't be nearly as much fun as it was years ago. Too many people are watching too close!!

Two examples are flying through the arch in St Louis and flying under the Golden Gate Bridge when in Frisco. Now days doing either one will probably get you a personal visit from the FAA or the local police!! :eek::eek:

So when you're simming, do as I do when I'm flying one of Jan's planes. FLY IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! :p:p;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks David! Thanks Michael! I plan on departing St. Louis VFR if weather allows so I can do a spin by the city and get some views of the arch, but flying under it may depend on the aircraft I'm in, lol!
Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD