Flight Yoke Button Assignments

kevinfolsom

Just a quick question. Every time I fire up P3DV4.5 I find my Alpha Flight Yoke and my Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant button and axis assignments have changed. I assign them through the OPTIONS-KEY ASSIGNMENTS in the simulator. Is there something I am doing wrong? Are they not saved automatically after assignment or do I have to do something to save them? Side note: has anyone moved to FS2020 and then switched back to P3D, or maybe use both now?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Just a quick question. Every time I fire up P3DV4.5 I find my Alpha Flight Yoke and my Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant button and axis assignments have changed. I assign them through the OPTIONS-KEY ASSIGNMENTS in the simulator. Is there something I am doing wrong? Are they not saved automatically after assignment or do I have to do something to save them? Side note: has anyone moved to FS2020 and then switched back to P3D, or maybe use both now?

They SHOULD be.

Until you know what you are doing wrong, IMPORT the assignments to whatever/wherever you save the settings to:

C:\Users\YOUR ID\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Controls

Thank you for your reply. I will do that for now.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

have you downloaded the driver for P3D for the alpha yoke from the Honeycomb website? They have their own software to assign key inputs. After the software is installed you can assign each key to what you wish using https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/LearningCenter.php then click references-variables-event ids. That's what I did at least.

Thank you for your response. I have downloading that software. However I am having trouble finding the key variables until you showed me where to find them. You have very helpful unlike others who like to blame and criticize people for their lack of knowledge. You are why people come to this forum. To get answers. There are no stupid questions because no one knows everything. Again I appreciate your answer. It helped me alot. And as some peoples response to "just search the internet" is not an answer. I will search the internet 1st but sometimes I won't find the answer so I come her to ask the question. And most people here are very helpful-some not so.

I have discovered an import/export feature for key bindings. Just assign keyboard functions to your joystick buttons and export to save the settings. You can save multiple configurations. Then import as needed.