Thread: Losing control after disconnecting autopilot Beechcraft Bonanza

1. Default Losing control after disconnecting autopilot Beechcraft Bonanza

After flying on autopilot and approaching arrival airport I disconnect autopilot and alt. Hold to manually fly aircraft. When I do that the aircraft completely is out of control and crashes. I attempt to control however nothing seems to,correct this situation. Any idea why?

2. Default

The AP is still a bit borked. You need to make sure that you have no active Heading or Altitude Holds because even though the AP is off it will sometimes still try to implement them anyway.

3. Default

I have been using FSTramp for Autopilot and has made flying much more enjoyable for me. It was worth the purchase until MS fixes it or the community comes up with a fix which is far more likely.

I notice with altitude and vertical speed switched off, the trim is still moving by itself. Autopilot seems very flakey.

Quote Originally Posted by shb7 View Post
    I notice with altitude and vertical speed switched off, the trim is still moving by itself. Autopilot seems very flakey.
    If the Autopilot was still switched on, it had defaulted to LVL mode like the real thing does.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

6. Default

This may not be related but I had an issue with the aircraft only using fuel from one side of the aircraft which is trimmed out gradually if the AP is on for a long time, once the disconnect button is pressed the huge imbalance becomes immediately apparent...