Disabling duplicate control functions

I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of MSFS with no problems. However, trying to manage my controls gives me problems. I am using two different devices for flightstick and throttle in a HOTAS setup. This combination works fine in 7 other civilian and military flightsims. To avoid any interference I have to disable all duplicate control functions EXCEPT throttle control on the separate throttle, as well as disabling throttle control on the flightstick.

In MSFS I can't seem to figure out how to do that. In the controls menu I click on a function I want to disable, a screen pops up giving me the following choices: "Select an input", "Clear current input", "Cancel", and "Validate". I click "Clear current input" and then "Validate", but the screen closes, the original control assignment disappears for a second and then comes right back. It seems like I can only change the command assignment, but not delete it! Has anyone found a way to delete an assignment completely?

Also - how do you turn off the sim? I have had to go to Task Manager in Windows to turn it off.

Thanks for posting the "fix". Many of the 'problems' posted about this new game do seem to get resolved following user familiarity with the many options and features this highly complex bit of software provides.

I'm NOT discounting the many bugs & glitches it has that they ARE working to eliminate, just noting that his sim 'mostly' works pretty well and is visually stunning which adds greatly to the flight sim experience (at least for me anyway).

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx