Reinstalling FSX

capndon

Thanks for responding. I don't have Acceleration and I do have the deluxe version. I wonder if I try and install them and already have them maybe the installer will tell me.

Thanks

No, it won't tell you anything. You NEED both SP1 and SP2!

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks all. I'll download them just to be sure. I'm returning to FSX since I got a new computer. It's amazing how much I have forgotten. Like how do I raise or lower the view point (raise, lower seat). The help section says shift + enter for up and shift +backspace for down, but they don't work.

Thanks

Yeah, I have deluxe and needed the service packs. About the FSUIPC question, you shouild install the non-registered free version at least. I've read it can help fix some issues. The other thing you should install is the uiautomationcore.dll file. That DLL is just placed in the root of the FSX directly.

Now here's the thing. You didn't just install FSX to the programs folder, did you? In Vista and up, that folder, whether it's the x86 programs folder or the programs folder is protected by the operating system and can cause all kinds of issues with add-ons and other things. You're best to uninstall now and install to the root of C drive while you don't have loads of add-ons and what not installed now.

The path will look like this: C:\FSX

I use that path myself. FSX is the folder where FSX is installed to.

For those of you that use Steam. Go into Steam's options and direct its Steam folder to the root of C drive. Path would be something like this: C:\steam. I use my second hard drive for Steam, Battle.net and Epic game installs. So its path is: E:\steam or for the rest, E:\games.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Note: if you or someone else comes across this thread and thinks the 4GB "patch" will work, read what I said here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?325305-Question-for-any-recent-Windows-XP-users&p=2127971#post2127971

It's actually very interesting I found this out. Many may not even know about it.

You might be able to do that. Copy all of the current FSX files to the new folder under C drive and then run FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool. https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library Note that if you have any add-ons installed now, those will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled.

As to your other issue, I don't really have an answer since I don't raise or lower the seat all that much. I fly VC so I really don't have to. Sometimes I have to move back or forward though, but I can't remember the key combinations. I think it's something like control + shift or control + backspace. Or other key combinations may be shift + or shift -. I'd have to get in the Sim and see. I do think these key combinations are shown in the keyboard setup inside the game.