Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PMDG delays the 737NG3 to the end of 2021

Default PMDG delays the 737NG3 to the end of 2021

Sad news. Looks like complex aircraft are out of the question at this point, Majestic had already said that the SDK isn’t ready.

There's a 7 page thread on this at Avsim…

Sadly I take this news as half empty rather than half full when it comes to seeing any complex airliners in FS20. We can only hope PMDG have sat down with Asobo and showing them what a flight sim actually needs to do (as opposed to a scenery simulator). At the moment we still haven't got a fully functional FMC system on the jets and even after the last patch it still doesn't keep the flight plan when you re-load a saved flight.

Mind personally I always thought PMDG stuff a bit over-priced, probably get burned at the stake for that comment I know. Their 737 doesn't work very well in FSX-SE, funnily enough the FMC doesn't save the flight plan there either - something which seems to go back quite a few years.

I will just be happy to get some Just Flight level jets in there to fly.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvensmith View Post
    Their 737 doesn't work very well in FSX-SE, funnily enough the FMC doesn't save the flight plan there either - something which seems to go back quite a few years.
    Now that's a coincidence! Haven't Asobo been working on MSFS with PMDG up to now?
    I hope Asobo aren't working with PMDG exclusively and are also collaborating with Aerosoft for example.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

For the hardcore simulator patrons this is disappointing news, but I don't think it is the most critical issue facing MSFS FS2020. The first real difference maker will be the ability of the community to create freeware aircraft to populate the simulator. This has been the lifeblood of FS98-FSX. You need someone creating the Piper TriPacer, the C182RG, the Stearman. Those types of planes are the domain of the freeware community, and without them, the new product will face strong headwinds. Second, while the hardcore appreciate the complexity of PMDG, a large portion of the community will be satisfied with the likes of FAIB style work, something that looks nice but lacks features and maybe accurate performance, but is an easy to use product. Without those folks the community won't thrive. I am not sure that Asobo has yet recognized the value in a thriving freeware community. It will be at their peril if they don't facilitate a rapid influx of quality freeware aircraft. This opens the doors for someone to do a really nice B737-300,400,500 entry where the complex FMC isn't critical. It isn't necessary that the air conditioner switches work, if it has a working set of flight instruments and a flight model that feels close. Those developers will be critical to the success of this program! I do hope we see those folks come on board soon!
    Last edited by plainsman; 09-27-2020 at 08:54 AM.
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390 MB, 32gb G Skill 3000, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD

As I said above, just something that works a bit better than the default would be nice. Over the years when I've joined various VA's (usually lasted about a month) I collected some rather nice freeware jets for FS9 and FSX. Some actually quite superb. That might be a source to keep an eye for the next few months.
    Vern.

I am really sad to here this. I own 2 PMDG aircraft and they are superb. Hopefully, in the mean time other developers will come up with workable GA aircraft with a 6 pack.

Blog Entries

Sad to say...but don't hold your breath for add-on aircraft any time soon. Asobo still has to fix what is broken first. Why would any aircraft developer put in the work and expense of building an add-on only to have it not work after the next Asobo patch release. I am not sure people realize what a mess we are in with this simulator. Months and months to go for anything approaching high quality to hit the shelves. Better days ahead.....I hope!
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Sad to say...but don't hold your breath for add-on aircraft any time soon.
    Aerosoft have their CRJ and Twin Otter in progress right now, and Aeroplane Heaven have a Spitfire coming soon to name but two other payware developers. PMDG had better get their fingers out before some other, maybe as yet unknown, developer beats them to it...
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Blog Entries

I'm a show me kind of a guy.....we'll see what washes down the creek bed.
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Aerosoft have their CRJ and Twin Otter in progress right now, and Aeroplane Heaven have a Spitfire coming soon to name but two other payware developers. PMDG had better get their fingers out before some other, maybe as yet unknown, developer beats them to it...
    There are many alternatives to PMDG, so the mistake may be theirs, or they my be proved right in he long run. Not having the product available certainly gives a lead to their competition, and money saved from my own pocket!
    Who knows what 2021 might bring - and by whom?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast