Thread: Ktpa

Default Ktpa

Has anyone come across a fix for the runway lighting at Fly Tampa KTPA. Only deal with OMDB on their website. Thanks
    My Specs. Windows 10, Intel I5-10400 12M cache up to 4.3 GHz, 6 Cores , 16GB RAM DDR5, GTX 1060 6GB VRAM.

I do not recall any fix for FT's KTPA and do not have issues with the rwy lights.

Have you added and tried adjusting the light scalar values for rwy lights in your FS9.cfg under [DISPLAY]?

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.7 //scales edge, center,end,touchdown,runways
    RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7 //scales VASI/PAPI lights
    RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0 //scales approach light bars
    RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales RAILs and ODALs

I have a GTX 1070 and use these values.
    Increase or decrease the values to change light size. (Default values are 1.0 (100%).

Also you check out some of the HALO.bmp files in the library and see if any address the changes you desire. This is a trade off, though, as it effects lights for both scenery & aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by steve0616 View Post
    I do not recall any fix for FT's KTPA and do not have issues with the rwy lights.

Have you added and tried adjusting the light scalar values for rwy lights in your FS9.cfg under [DISPLAY]?

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.7 //scales edge, center,end,touchdown,runways
    RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7 //scales VASI/PAPI lights
    RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0 //scales approach light bars
    RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales RAILs and ODALs

I have a GTX 1070 and use these values.
    Increase or decrease the values to change light size. (Default values are 1.0 (100%).

Also you check out some of the HALO.bmp files in the library and see if any address the changes you desire. This is a trade off, though, as it effects lights for both scenery & aircraft.
    HI I have the cfg the way you do. Are you using the reboot ver of KTPA. My papi lights look like they are on fire, just a red haze rising upwards.
    My Specs. Windows 10, Intel I5-10400 12M cache up to 4.3 GHz, 6 Cores , 16GB RAM DDR5, GTX 1060 6GB VRAM.

I am using the reboot version. Also, I chose a small halo bmp to scale down some overbearing green taxi lights in the old SimFlyer's KIAH. That might have helped with FT papi lights also as I don't recall an issue there...might want to check into that.

Thanks, I'm jealous of your lack of problematic lights. lol, i'll try the smaller bmp, i think the problem is deeper than that though. Cheers