How to increase simulator speed 2x, 4x etc?

There are commands that can be assigned in the sim, but downloading the FsSimRateBandit from the library is a better option.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

You need to bind a key to the increase sim rate. It's actually two keys.

In the general settings, Controls, select keyboard. Type in "sim" in the first search box. Change the filter to ALL. You should have 3 options, SIM RATE, increase sim rate and decrease set rate

Select Increase sim rate (clear out any entries already there). I use R and +, validate it, then move on toe decrease sim rate, I use R and the - key. Validate and save.

As others have pointed out, you will need to keep track of how many times you have pressed the increase sim rate key, I usually do it twice.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

There are commands that can be assigned in the sim, but downloading the FsSimRateBandit from the library is a better option.

Why should you have to use a 3rd party program to add functionality that any 7th grade programer could add in 5 minutes. That's pretty stupid. Everytime there's something wrong with this program, we're gonna need a 3rd party app to fix it?

well said shb7 I was thinking the same thing the sim cost me £127 why on earth should I even have to search for mods etc to get the sim working ,i am not an experienced simmer and don't know about mods and fixes etc I am managing to fly some planes, but bugs like the A320 some screens are going black and I was told to get the mod which I actually did but it didn't fix any thing, I dont know how other beginners are coping but i am struggling I didn't think it would be easy but like you said third party addons all the time not really on after paying such a lot of money in the first place ,bet microsoft are laughing all the way to the bank.

shb7,

Functionality is everything. It's clear that you didn't look to learn what additional functions would be available with the 3rd party app. If all the sims in the past 40 years provided a check box to get the functions wanted there would be no need for 3rd party apps. Stick with the functions in the sim and the C152. You will be fine.

The functionality is there, they just didn't assign the keys.

I just used Ctrl + and Ctrl - same as FS9/FSX.

The only bind is there's no visual indication on screen as to using time acceleration or your chosen rate.

That’s why you need the external app I suggested. In addition with this app you can travel up to 4x between WPs on long hauls.....

Why should you have to use a 3rd party program to add functionality that any 7th grade programer could add in 5 minutes. That's pretty stupid. Everytime there's something wrong with this program, we're gonna need a 3rd party app to fix it?

I reported the problem to Zendesk and use the SimRateBandit to get by in the meantime. I don't think that is stupid.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Just use the default R+ and R- keys and be done with it. No need to use any app.

But there is no display indicating the current sim rate when using the in-app command. The SimRateBandit provides that.

Agreed. I have learned to be patient when it comes to fixes on this sim. I'm not about to go running off to the Internet like a chicken with it's head cut off looking for and possibly paying someone to fix what Asobo/MS probably will in an upcoming patch.

Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming 5 MB, Intel i7-8700K @ 4.8Ghz, 32Gb Corsair 3200Mhz, Gigabyte GTX1070Ti, Corsair H115i AIO

Adata 480Gb NVME M.2