Monitor in Vertical Position?

This guy did something weird

Three monitors vertically

At first I thought that s crazy. Why would I want to see more sky?

But having a second look I think it might give greater immersion.

The largest field of sky drags your mind into the scenery

What do multiple monitor users have to say?

A0EED577-3410-497F-92A3-61850D5CAA00.jpeg

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Looks to my untrained eyeballs that his view of 'scenery' is mostly blocked by the two smaller monitors representing the dashboard? Kinda defeats the purpose IMHO.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I think if you were going to have such a setup, you would be better off with 5 monitors. Otherwise they’d be better positioned the standard way.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

On a plus side, the owner of the rig only has to keep himself happy, who cares what I think? I know I rarely do - lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

WOW. If the owner of the sim is happy with the setup, Power to them. I did once try multiple monitor setup with an additional Foreflight on an iPad hooked up as moving map, GPS etc.

What I hated was the bezels of the monitor. You see those two vertical bars in the middle. I HATE THAT. So I went back to a single monitor setup.

I know they have curved monitors and TV's but if some one can come up with a single curved monitor that can represent 150 - 180 degrees of cockpit view... That would take flight simulator to the next level. No More Bezels.

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

I know they have curved monitors and TV's but if some one can come up with a single curved monitor that can represent 150 - 180 degrees of cockpit view... That would take flight simulator to the next level. No More Bezels.

There are TV projectors which are presumably only limited by the size of the wall/screen/curved screen you're projecting onto... mind you the prices are something else!

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Agree, I think multiple monitors are justified if you build a cockpit frame.

Its not expensive, made of plywood and cutting windows as a Boeing cockpit for example, you dont even need huge monitors, just the aprox size of each cockpit window. Two medium sized fot front and two smaller for the sides

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

• 5 weeks later...
Multi screens look great. Can someone point me to the information on how to move avionics to a different monitor?

Thank you,

The only part of the avionics that you can detach at present are the screens of the G1000 etc. You do this by clicking on the screen whilst holding down the right hand alt key (altgr) of your keyboard.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

The only part of the avionics that you can detach at present are the screens of the G1000 etc. You do this by clicking on the screen whilst holding down the right hand alt key (altgr) of your keyboard.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help.