G36 Bonanza: Any good guides out there?

Hi all,

I've been flying 172s for years in previous sims and I think I can fly them "by the numbers" pretty well. However, I'd like to move up to something faster and more challenging, and I think the G36 is as good a choice as any.

Does anyone know of a decently detailed guide to fly this sucker the by the numbers? The default one doesn't even have a full checklist (not that fs checklist are that great anyway, historically at least).

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

As I usually do, I Googled and read the many checklists, reference data narratives available online and then made my own checklist in a text file. There is also a good modification to the flight characteristics of the MSFS Bonanza in the library. It helped me with many of the faults I found in the default plane. Similar to the Baron, it flies with a MP of 25 (except full power above 6000') and RPM of 2500 for climb, cruise and approach based on what I found. Needs the power with flaps down and slows down quickly. Can drop the gear while at cruise speed, must manage fuel tank selection (no both). If you have managed the G1000, you are way ahead of me.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Art, for normal or economy cruise, I would think 2300-2400 rpm is more used, 2500 for high speed cruise. The lower rpm will save a little fuel and lengthen time between overhauls.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

If you have managed the G1000, you are way ahead of me.

Don't get me started on the G1000. It's one of the most counter-intuitive pieces of kit, as far as I'm concerned. And I feel that many of the neccesities are buried in menus; whereas a traditional cockpit would have everying in front of your eyes. Sure once you get used to it, it's ok; but that's my point - if you need to get "used to" something, the implication is that it's not intuitive. I can go on about this, but it gets kinda mean...

Anyway, I found this over at the official forums and I think it's very useful. Hope you do to.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-best-practices-to-fly-bonanza-g36/167175

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Art, for normal or economy cruise, I would think 2300-2400 rpm is more used, 2500 for high speed cruise. The lower rpm will save a little fuel and lengthen time between overhauls.

I agree that there are economy settings, and I certainly like the sound better at lower power/RPM. The MSFS G36 modification I downloaded from the library gives a little too much airspeed at the settings I listed, so it may need a little more tweaking.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI