Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Article: NMG Steps Back From MSFS 2020 Scenery Development

Blog Entries

Default Article: NMG Steps Back From MSFS 2020 Scenery Development

Either the professional standard of their designers is as bad as the command of the English language displayed in this press release or is this simply a hoax?

Unusual that they, unlike many other developers that have pivoted to the new sim, are unable or unwilling to develop for MSFS.
    Others have designed some amazing airports with the resources available. New skills needed, MSFS is not an update of earlier sims. Not professional to knock MSFS by intimating that is does not work. It very much does!!

4. Default

agreed. just wanting publicity and trying to make their self sound important. Same ole same ole lately.
    How about not wasting articles on this mess and focus on articles that tell us what people ARE GOING to do instead. I could care less about this company not making something and i don't blame Microsoft. It's on them.

It seems that it is their inability to understand the SDK that causes them problems. Other major scenery developers do not seem to have this issue. Also their comments about the Community folder are ridiculous. Frankly, it sounds like sour grapes to me.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blair007 View Post
    agreed. just wanting publicity and trying to make their self sound important. Same ole same ole lately.
    How about not wasting articles on this mess and focus on articles that tell us what people ARE GOING to do instead. I could care less about this company not making something and i don't blame Microsoft. It's on them.
    Not agreed, strongest point of 'Flightsim' is that it gives us complete and unbiased information on all developments in our 'simworld'. I've never heard of NMG and don't care if they quit MSFS but I praise this site for sharing all sim related info with us..............

NMG Simulations is a South African scenery design company that has done payware South African scenery for FS2004 originally, then FSX, P3D & X-Plane..

At least one developer is not afraid to give voice to the many problems people are having with this game. Perhaps they are also stuck in the download loop, having to then use Net Limiter to reinstall at 500KB/s.

9. Default

I can understand the frustration.
    To figure out by trial-and-error on how to build scenery is very time consuming and only fun for some people.
    If you make scenery based on undocument procedures, and then Microsoft changes someting that breaks your scenery (and they can do that, since it was not documented), then you get annoyed customers demanding a refund. It is a risk to go that route. Some take it, and this company does not.
    I also built extensions for a lot of simulators, mostly for own use, some published as freeware, but I also wait until the dust settles. I like MSFS a lot as a game but for serious simming I stick with other platforms. For now.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by piet06273 View Post
    Not agreed, strongest point of 'Flightsim' is that it gives us complete and unbiased information on all developments in our 'simworld'. I've never heard of NMG and don't care if they quit MSFS but I praise this site for sharing all sim related info with us..............
    My point to this was that i am NO MORE informed knowing that something ISN'T going to happen from a company. I love FlightSim.com and been member for many years. I just prefer articles that provide information for flight simming, not a company whining. Again, just my opinion. I'm still allowed to have that no matter what others say today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast