Check MSFS integrity?

Hi, today I discovered that for some reason I was flying MSFS offline, so it wasn't loading the expected scenery, and most of it looked blocky and amorphous.

As soon as I got online again, it started downloading the latest patch (1.8.3.0), but it stopped in a somewhat endless loop at about 40% down the way.

When I shut it off, then on again, it continued downloading and decompressing the remaining 60% with no apparent problems, and has been working fine since then.

I am concerned, though, about the correct and complete install of the patch. Is there any way to check the patch integrity, or for that matter, the integrity of the whole MSFS?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

There are a couple of requests for this function at the flightsimulator forums, go vote for for one!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/msfs-needs-a-verify-integrity-of-files-function/277534

In the meantime, if somebody wants to take the time to post name of packages and file size would do.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

You will find many threads on this looping issue on the Steam forum and one or two at Avsim.

Many people are experiencing it, including myself. It only started with the 1.8.30 patch which kept doing it, then suddenly aborted and let me in the game. Unfortunately quite apparent from the greyed out menu items and FS5 looking graphics there was major file corruption as a result. I'm on the Steam version and while Steam will verify its own files related to the game, the only way to repair/replace damaged core files is to download the whole thing again from the FS/Asobo server(which doing the Steam cache verify triggers).

Unfortunately this is also prone to the same file looping issue except this time there is 100+Gb worth of files to download. The only workable solution people have found is to use a speed throttle such as Net Limiter and set it so FS20 downloads at no more than 500KB/s. That makes it a long slow process my friend, roughly 1.8Gb an hour and I've still got 60+Gb worth of files to download. can't see me flying before the weekend (I'm not leaving the PC on all night).

Unfortunately MS and Asobos seem to be having a hard time acknowledging the fault is at their end or in the code. A report to Zendesk simply generated the reply they were sending out previously about slow downloads, flushing DNS etc. - but none of this works.

Vern.

I had the greyed out drop down menus too. I am using the XBox to PC version for now. Today I decided to uninstall the sim and reinstall it. The reinstall kept all of my controller settings which was a relief. But now all my drop down menus are working again. I also use the mod for the A320 and all of it's functions are working too. I was having issues where I could not change the altitude setting in the AP. It was stuck on 5000 ft. V/S wouldn't work either. Might be worth it to try and fix the issues. Luckily I have AT&T Gigabit Fiber so it only took about 15 minutes for me.