No rudder control

Just wondering - do you have rudder pedals? Did you set the system for AUTO RUDDER? What controllers do you use and for what planes?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I've found the rudder response to be too much on most of the planes, the DA62 in particular.

I checked the DA62's flight_model.cfg, [FLIGHT_TUNING] section and found the rudder_effectiveness=2! That's 200%, which explains the uncontrollable swerving on the ground!

I reduced it from 2 to 0.25 and now my rudder pedals are useable again.

This same tweak can be safely applied to every other plane which is over-sensitive on the ground.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

why you have it on?

thats so fake

its a simulator,

planes work with rudders

are you afraid to crash?

if you set auto rudder off and you correctly configure joystick slider Z

it should work and the rudder correction ou apply with your hand turning the joy left or right is effortless but gives immersion to simming

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Dumb guy question for ya' Tim - is that sort of tweak able to be done 'globally' across all the aircraft in FS or can it only be done one plane at a time? Is that among the capabilities we'll get back when they return SENSITIVITIES to us?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Dumb guy question for ya' Tim - is that sort of tweak able to be done 'globally' across all the aircraft in FS or can it only be done one plane at a time? Is that among the capabilities we'll get back when they return SENSITIVITIES to us?

The tweak has to be applied to each plane individually - hopefully the controller sensitivity settings will be back soon.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

And it only occurs when taxiing after flying. Not before when taxiing to the runway. When I switch to the outside camera, I see, when turning the joystick to move the rudder, it turns but then automatically goes back to the center and starts wobbling.

That sounds like you have the Yaw Damper switched on, it switches On with the Autopilot on some planes, but you may need to switch it Off manually once you've landed.

• 2 weeks later...
I tries everything you all advised, including the tweak of the flight_model. cfg, but nothing helps the rudder keeps wobbling after landing. As well in the Cessna 152 as in the 172. I am losing my fun of fs2020.
You say that if you look from the external view that you can see the rudder wobbling. If this is happening when you you are not using the rudder it is almost certainly a problem with your rudder pedals(or the rudder action of your joystick if that is what you use). It will be either the calibration or a problem with the pedals/stick.

Check to see if you can see any movement of the rudder in the calibration settings when you are not touching the rudder.

Don't give up, it is worth persevering to get it sorted out.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Have you searched Rudder in controls to see if it is assigned to any other control input.

This. This was also my issue when I noticed exactly the same "wobbly" behavior while I was binding my controls for the first time. I had two different axles binded to rudder accidentally. Removing the duplicate fixed my problems.