Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No rudder control

1. Default No rudder control

When on the ground and taxing I cannot get the rudder under control. the plane goes everywhere

Just wondering - do you have rudder pedals? Did you set the system for AUTO RUDDER? What controllers do you use and for what planes?
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0056, [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, Nvidia GTX1650 4GB, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset system

3. Default

Sounds like you haven’t configured a rudder but I have had a bug in take off where it does just go crazy and the rudders don’t work.

4. Default

I have no Rudder pedals. I am using the new Thrustmaster Airbus joystick. I had the same problem with my old Logitec loystick, only in the new flight simulator 2020. FSX was fine. I have the setting 'Take off auto-rudder ' on

I've found the rudder response to be too much on most of the planes, the DA62 in particular.
    I checked the DA62's flight_model.cfg, [FLIGHT_TUNING] section and found the rudder_effectiveness=2! That's 200%, which explains the uncontrollable swerving on the ground!
    I reduced it from 2 to 0.25 and now my rudder pedals are useable again.
    This same tweak can be safely applied to every other plane which is over-sensitive on the ground.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Blog Entries

why you have it on?
    thats so fake
    its a simulator,
    planes work with rudders
    are you afraid to crash?
    if you set auto rudder off and you correctly configure joystick slider Z
    it should work and the rudder correction ou apply with your hand turning the joy left or right is effortless but gives immersion to simming
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Dumb guy question for ya' Tim - is that sort of tweak able to be done 'globally' across all the aircraft in FS or can it only be done one plane at a time? Is that among the capabilities we'll get back when they return SENSITIVITIES to us?
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0056, [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, Nvidia GTX1650 4GB, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset system

8. Default

And it only occurs when taxiing after flying. Not before when taxiing to the runway. When I switch to the outside camera, I see, when turning the joystick to move the rudder, it turns but then automatically goes back to the center and starts wobbling.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagorandy View Post
    Dumb guy question for ya' Tim - is that sort of tweak able to be done 'globally' across all the aircraft in FS or can it only be done one plane at a time? Is that among the capabilities we'll get back when they return SENSITIVITIES to us?
    The tweak has to be applied to each plane individually - hopefully the controller sensitivity settings will be back soon.
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by hvanwielink View Post
    And it only occurs when taxiing after flying. Not before when taxiing to the runway. When I switch to the outside camera, I see, when turning the joystick to move the rudder, it turns but then automatically goes back to the center and starts wobbling.
    That sounds like you have the Yaw Damper switched on, it switches On with the Autopilot on some planes, but you may need to switch it Off manually once you've landed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast