Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where Are the Waves???

Here is a shot of a small lake 0.75miles long by 0.25 miles wide, taken shortly after the sim was released. There was very light wind (2-3 mph) and yet you see there was some wave action back then.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Standing Bear Lake.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	172.9 KB 
ID:	222225  
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390 MB, 32gb G Skill 3000, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD

Maybe they are dumbing down the graphics for the imminent next gen Xbox release.While more powerful than old xbox it has only 16 gig of ram(from what I've seen),the optimal specs from m$ for flightsim is 32 gig.they don't want the PC version to look better than their flagship Xbox so just degrade the graphics for the PC version.
    So if you are thinking of buying a high end gamming PC like I did for this game(emphasis on the word "game"),You can just spend 5 or 600 dollars for a next gen xbox,M$ will limit graphics on PC to only what next gen xbox can handle.I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

There can be big waves with no wind at all in real life because they come from far away. Another asobo screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    they are not disabled.
    If you put wind in the drop down menu weather at 60 kts you will get a beautiful sea with moving waves and white foam crests

the problem is the logic relation with wind speed.
    In real life wind will cause the sea to be wavy just at 15 kts
    Some good soul need to find out which sim file we must tweak to show rough sea at slower wind speeds

pic taken just now outside sfco bay
    Exactly true!

I took the Icon to crater lake, and it was flat crystal clear. Then played around with the wind setting over 100kts. OMG I was in the middle of the lake in the crater and those wave are so scary, I lost control and it dived into the lake. I have never been scared in a simulator it was so sudden.

The waves looked awesome. and once the logic is fixed.... it will be golden
    Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)
    Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shb7 View Post
    There can be big waves with no wind at all in real life because they come from far away. Another asobo screw up.
    Exactly, but the waves are there, they can be shown.
    Its just a matter of tweaking.

Right now there are no ocean current simulation
    So the only variable tweak is wind

But once you find that parameter in config file, you can set nice waves at wind zero
    and fly with a more realistic ocean in general
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B708f View Post
    Maybe they are dumbing down the graphics for the imminent next gen Xbox release.While more powerful than old xbox it has only 16 gig of ram(from what I've seen),the optimal specs from m$ for flightsim is 32 gig.they don't want the PC version to look better than their flagship Xbox so just degrade the graphics for the PC version.
    So if you are thinking of buying a high end gamming PC like I did for this game(emphasis on the word "game"),You can just spend 5 or 600 dollars for a next gen xbox,M$ will limit graphics on PC to only what next gen xbox can handle.I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
    my friend Xbox is synonymous of crap

no good.
    The graphics depend greatly on your TV and GPU, 4K or not

The sim is only interesting with complex planes and Mods that over a span of at least four years will be constantly updated. Plus a complex cockpit and flight need all the plugins and support sites like simvector, approach plates, atc-chatter, etc that xbox wont be able to deliver to a
    console user. Its for using default planes as is. Though technically you can add files its such a pain few will do it

As I always said: xbox is for kids-teens. Enjoy it

MS already knows this thats why they released for PC first. Because its more flexible, because there are mature simmers to investigate and help with bugs, etc
    Last edited by Kapitan; 09-24-2020 at 09:07 AM.
    Kapitan

Blog Entries

If only 10% of REAL world pilots that also sim move to xbox I will move too.

But it wont happen. Zero will move
    Kapitan

I know consoles are crap compared to good PC's.My point is I am afraid M$ will degrade the PC version down to the level of consols so its new console won't look so bad compared to PC,Ask yourself-why did they degrade the waves?
    Last edited by B708f; 09-24-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2