Wing Flex, Turbulence, and Icing - Oh My!

BillD22

Hey guys:

Here's a short little three and a half minute video clip that shows some of the realistic airframe, turbulence, and icing effects in FS2020.

It's a wing view of an United Airlines A320 climbing up to FL360 in solid real world IMC weather enroute from Juneau (PAJN) to Anchorage (PANC) Alaska. The clip is at mid altitude in the climb where the airplane encounters some light wing flex turbulence, then more moderate passing thru some cloud tops, and then climbs into an icing layer with ice formation starting as patches on the underwing pylons and then with increasing accumulation on the top of the wing leading edge to the end of the clip (which is where I decided it would be a good idea to shift to the cockpit and turn on wing anti ice!).

My take is turbulence has been improved since the second patch. I flew directly through Hurricane Sally last week without a single bump!

See what you think

Edited by BillD22

Thanks for sharing the video, Bill. I am seriously liking the sim and all it can do. Even though I don't plan to get it until I have built a new system to handle it decently, I am lurking around the forum to see what improvements have been made over time.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

It sure does look incredible! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It sure does look incredible! :pilot:

Thanks David - back in the day when I did a lot of business travel flying I often had this exact view from my seat and to my eye FS has pretty much nailed what it looks and feels like climbing thru solid and mixed overcast and clouds - especially bouncing around in the tops.

Thanks David - back in the day when I did a lot of business travel flying I often had this exact view from my seat and to my eye FS has pretty much nailed what it looks and feels like climbing thru solid and mixed overcast and clouds - especially bouncing around in the tops.

Spent many trips from those seats. Watched the wings bounce around but never icing!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All that wing needs is a Gremlin and true realism would be achieved. :)

There I go showing my age again. :o -- Bob

Hey Bob, don't forget the Shat! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]