Planning A Flight On The MCDU

Greetings!

Here is the scenario......

I select the A320, choose an airport and a gate, select weather, DO NOT select a destination, and load the sim.

I am at the gate, cold and dark and I fire up the a/c.

I use the MCDU to enter my flight plan (having worked it out on an external site e.g.SimBrief), including departure, destination, waypoints, flight level and everything else.

In my ATC window, I now get the option to request clearance and after requesting clearance get a correct clearance with an initial climb altitude.

However, after take-off and reaching this initial altitude, I do not get any further climb clearance.

I will be honest, after waiting for what I know was way too long, I discontinued the flight.

Anyone else experience this? Am I maybe doing something wrong?

Any assistance appreciated.

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;

2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

You filed an IFR flight from departure to ....nothing

Once onboard you contact clearance who already have your IFR in hand, which says exactly that, take off to ....nowhere.

What you do in the FMC, ATC is unaware, you are just feeding inputs to the plane

The ATC is limited, it doesnt capture the fmc data

Also you cannot add destination airport as a new flight plan directly to atc, you can only choose airports around and farther from you to land once you are in the air.

Hope in future we will be able to load a plan "as per the fmc" when contacting ATC

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Even when you load a full plan, ATC doesn't necessarily give the runway/sid you selected in the plan, neither in real life. Wind change, traffic, runway can change. Same on arrival. Thats why pilots do have a lot work to do in these cases. Prepare a new arrival procedure, study, brief, program fmc etc

Kapitan

Kapitan....... I think you are way too quick to assume that people don't know what they are talking about. Not all of us may be as smart as you, but that doesn't mean we are all dummies.

Please go back and read my whole post and try and understand what I posted.

As a matter of fact, ATC gave me a clearance to my destination as inputted on the FMC. Maybe you should try it.... you may learn something new.

Now back to my question. Has anyone who has actually tried this got any feed back for me?

Thank you.

(And talking about what pilots have to do? I may know a little bit about that, being a retired airline pilot. But thats besides the point).

2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

Greetings!

Here is the scenario......

I select the A320, choose an airport and a gate, select weather, DO NOT select a destination, and load the sim.

Any assistance appreciated.

Hi, am not trying anything here, really

I read your post and the line "...and load the sim"

You chose your departure on World Map, not on fmc for ATC sake

When Atc gives you clearance its reading what you set in World Map

(about pilots do have a lot of work due to changes in approach stars etc...i guess its true and you should know dont see the point in being ironic, did i say something wrong?)

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

You have not tried what I am saying, and you are not willing to try what I am saying.

So how can you even begin to argue with me?

/smh

Yesterday i was busy

But just did a flight EDLP to EHAm

In world Map only put departure

Made a plan in MCDU

requested iFR pl

You were correct

Got following from atc as normal

What could have happened to you is if you have Azure in Sound sometimes low internet conmection mute the sound but you should see the message in atc box

4A9B5F37-BFB9-481F-9AF4-C072AE066050.jpeg

11ABED72-CD46-412B-86EF-2DDEE61ECFA6.jpeg

Kapitan

So I am correct and you are wrong?

You see my friend, no matter how smart we think we are, if we open our minds we can always learn something new.

Stay safe.

So I am correct and you are wrong?

You see my friend, no matter how smart we think we are, if we open our minds we can always learn something new.

Stay safe.

Yes Herr

you were rrright and I was wrrrong.

As clear as Black and White

You are good and Im bad

Oh, and the sim ATC works fine, must be a problem at your end

stay safe too, and dont hesitate to ask for help if needed

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan