Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: can't get sidewinder 2 joystick to work-Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeragi View Post
    As others have reported, not having the program recognize "old" but familiar joysticks has been a disappointment in FS2020. However, mapping my (and your) MS Sidewinder FF 2 is not hard.

Of course, the force feedback does not work.
    Hope this helps.
    XPForce has a version for MSFS2020. I don't use my PP2 these days, so I don't know how well it works, but I did like XPForce in X-Plane. The FSForce developer is apparently also working on a version for MSFS2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeragi View Post
    As others have reported, not having the program recognize "old" but familiar joysticks has been a disappointment in FS2020. However, mapping my (and your) MS Sidewinder FF 2 is not hard.

Of course, the force feedback does not work.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks, that's very helpful. What sensitivity and null zone settings did you use?

Did you find that the configured Sidewinder worked well for FS2020 or would you recommend a different one?

3. Default

I'm not at my computer at the moment to check on the null and sensitivities, but my recollection was that I left them at default settings. I do recall that I had major problems when I tried to fine tune the throttle (Joystick slider-X), so I'd suggest leaving that one alone. In response to others in the forum, I did fool around with the sensitivities for the other variable controls, but found that a more linear response was more intuitive for this non-professional FS pilot. Others may well suggest otherwise.
    My set up still leaves you with one button available (#4) for your choice of binding.
    The Sidewinder does what I need and expect it to do, so if you already have one and after you configure it and it is working for you, I do not see a reason to purchase another one. You might want to spend that money on a yoke or other fancy gadgets, as is well demonstrated in the photos.

4. Default

I gave my sidewinder away years ago. Bought it packaged with Mechwarrior 2. A great stick for that game and any using a rudder. Mine wasn't force feedback though. My Sidewinder wheel is. That SW wheel was built solid, and still functions great in a few games, but MS does not want to support thier old USB devices in Win10. There is no means to configure settings as there was in '98-7. MS has a tendency to screw over gamers on a regular basis. I bet many here remember when MS put out a patch for Win98 that bricked everyone's KB HOTAS setup for ever. That day over a million people wanted to knock Bill Gates out for good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2