FS2020 Baron

plainsman

Nice plane.

Based on what I read about scenery being uploaded online as you fly with the new flight sim, I have to ask. Are you on the internet for scenery details every time you fly???? If you turn the internet off, is there any decent scenery detail left?

My FSX or P3D scenery is fine and I'm never tracked online when I use it. In fact my "flying" computer isn't normally even connected to the internet.

I own my software because I bought it and it is on the hard drives of my computer. No one nor no internet programs monitors me or reports when I use it or what I'm doing. ;)

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Sweet! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, the scenery is downloaded off the cloud. There is a base of offline scenery in areas you fly a lot, but the quality is much much less. The reason they put it in the cloud, the level of detail would take about 800 SSDs to download everything. I tend to fly in areas most people don't frequent. I wonder if the KGB monitored that flight I made across the northern Urals?? All the good stuff was blurred out, so I didn't learn many secrets!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thanks David. The Baron hasn't had much attention in the new sim promos. I thought it might be lonely!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU