Liveries megapack

Hi all,

I am not sure what i expected from this download but after install i went to Heathrow EGLL

and expected to see it full of British Airways planes. However i have yet to find one BA aircraft. Most aircraft seem to still have generic liveries. There were real world liveries on show (Saudi, SAS were a couple I spotted) but i didn't expect to see any generic liveries anymore.

I tried both with AI traffic and real world but got the same result.

So is this liveries pack mainly for the user to use when choosing an aircraft to fly rather than the other aircraft on show in the sim?

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

If another user was at Heathrow and using a British Airway livery then yes, you would see it. He/she would also see your livery.

More & more people have these packs now so you should see plenty around.

I’m looking forward to the day when we get these liveries by default

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

If another user was at Heathrow and using a British Airway livery then yes, you would see it. He/she would also see your livery.

More & more people have these packs now so you should see plenty around.

I’m looking forward to the day when we get these liveries by default

Regards

Steve

Ok, thanks for that Steve.

I downloaded it thinking it was more for replacement traffic textures.

Steve a question, a bit confused about traffic

If I want to see just other player[s planes whats the option? Multiplayer ON ? and in Traffic?

theres is Live traffic and REAL WORLD...

In the "flight conditions" popup from the world map, you just need "live players" enabled.

If thats only what you want to see then in the "traffic" setting you need to select "off".

In the "flight conditions" popup from the world map, you just need "live players" enabled.

If thats only what you want to see then in the "traffic" setting you need to select "off".

Thanks! Will try it

I definitely want to use one or the other but never both at the same time

AI is going to really be nice once the range of planes and liveries for each real world plane (B737, B777, the turboprops, Embraers, a few old models still active) not to mention OLD Traffic , we are rapidly getting to a time when even young people want to recreate the traffic of only 10 years ago when you had MD11s and 757 or 747-200 still active)

The air market is getting too new and that is related to very few, todays reality is not representative of what people want to see in a sim world, unless you have been travelling a lot in the last months which is very unlikely to the virus haha

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

If you’re ever in doubt as to wether or not there are any other players around.. just turn on the gamer tags.. depending on where you are, you will find that the sky is full of ‘em! :)

I personally love to see the skies crowded like this.if you’re in one of the addon liveries.. British Airways.. EasyJet.. or whatever... only the players who have also downloaded the liveries will see yours. Otherwise they will only see the standard Asobo livery.

The sooner we have the liveries by default the better

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

If you’re ever in doubt as to wether or not there are any other players around.. just turn on the gamer tags.. depending on where you are, you will find that the sky is full of ‘em! :)

I personally love to see the skies crowded like this.if you’re in one of the addon liveries.. British Airways.. EasyJet.. or whatever... only the players who have also downloaded the liveries will see yours. Otherwise they will only see the standard Asobo livery.

The sooner we have the liveries by default the better

Regards

Steve

I must admit that I haven't really used the multplayer traffic as yet. As a fairly serious simmer i'm afraid of seeing gamers barrel rolling 747s and deliberately crashing into stuff. Call me boring but there you go.

Realism is key to me. I prefer real world trafic, although with that turned on I have been getting a lot of go-arounds. You cant win [emoji5]

WHOA!! You mean you might could some 747s barrel rolling??!! I'm with stinger2k2, that's pretty much like letting some 4-year olds fly heavies---they can have that part of the sky! I would prefer more realism. If the sim ever finishes downloading!

Say! This poster's name reminds me of an old friend who flew lead in a squadron of performance jets back in the 50's. Their squadron name was the Stingers, and two of the pilots in it went on to become astronauts. As a matter of fact, one turned out to be the last man to walk on the moon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

Personally I haven’t witnessed anyone doing a barrel role in a 747 yet, or anything similar. Surprisingly most people just take off..fly around & land. I have seen the odd small plane doing aerobatics.

& of course you get people spawning in front of you sometimes, usually as you’re about to take off!

Regards

Steve