Not Trolling! Problems post-patch 2

I love the new flight sim. I used the accurate road network recently to fly from the airfield I used to fly real GA from (EGSL) and navigated via actual roads to the house I grew up in near to Stapleford airfield. I can even see the hockey pitches at my son's school.

When it has been fully fixed, it will be the most awesome flight sim ever.

I've used flight sim since the 95 version and have logged thousands of hours over many years. I've been on FS.com for hundreds of years and downloaded hundreds of add-ons, just never posted before.

Hopefully that satisfies those who want to gob off about trolls! I've read many of the vitriolic posts on here (until I realised that I actually have a life) I'm not looking for arguments, I'm looking for helpful comments or advice.

Now to the problem. Since downloading the second patch (Steam edition for me) I'm suffering the following issues - anyone else had these issues?

1) The system rebooted and did a new 111gb download last night.

2) In any of the three jetliners I have no screens for the autopilot input data. I can turn knobs and press buttons and see the data changing on the primary MFD but autopilot data is blank in the actual autopilot panel

3) No transponder data. ATC keeps telling me to squawk a code but I can't input it, then the IFR plan gets terminated

4) One engine shuts down after take off

5) Auto throttle not working on any airliner. Throttles shown at idle in the cockpit even though I am climbing clearly under power

6) Blank MFD screens

7) IFR routes that include STARs get cancelled prior to completion and I'm given vectors to the arrival airfield direct, then cleared to land long before the STAR has been followed.

There are probably other issues but I've mentioned the main ones. I wondered if they are common at the moment, or if I'm doing something wrong!

I have raised tickets with Zendesk for all those listed above.

Thanks

Mark L

You dont say which plane.

Usually you must turn on the lights for digital displays, the knob for the Airbus autopilot is just below its panel. Also check you have any dev Mods installes in community, if they are from before the patch they will cause issues

I believe all the electrical failures you are having are related to the lack of fuel in the center tank

this was discussed already here and in the official MSFS forum

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

You are absolutely correct Kapitan, adding fuel to the centre tank ensures the MFD displays do not switch off.

Here's the latest problem!

With Developer Mode off, I get the FPS display and no way of turning it off. I have to run the game in developer mode in order to switch off FPS. I understand that in Developer mode, the log book doesn't record flights.

Weird developments!

Does anyone else get this problem?

Also, did anyone else get made to download almost 111|GB of data after installing the patch?

Thanks

M

In Dev Mode, open one of the menu tabs on top left (im. Ot at pc right now) and the “display fps” will show ticked, unchecke it to make it go away, close the sim. Switch back to normal mode, apply and save. Restart

Kapitan

I see people in these threads acting as if nothing is wrong with MSFS 2020. Lets be realistic. From day one I did not receive the 787 dreamliner after my purchase. After patch#2 we have even more issues that have been confirmed by the build team. There is a litany of things that need to be addressed in this simulator. Its not about putting the simulator down or trolling. The more these issues are verified by multiple end users the faster they'll be addressed as they should be. Yeah...the scenery is pretty...but we all paid for far more than just a pretty face. This software is still in beta stage. It needs months and months of work yet.

Keeping it real here,

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron

I see people in these threads acting as if nothing is wrong with MSFS 2020. Lets be realistic. From day one I did not receive the 787 dreamliner after my purchase. After patch#2 we have even more issues that have been confirmed by the build team. There is a litany of things that need to be addressed in this simulator. Its not about putting the simulator down or trolling. The more these issues are verified by multiple end users the faster they'll be addressed as they should be. Yeah...the scenery is pretty...but we all paid for far more than just a pretty face. This software is still in beta stage. It needs months and months of work yet.

Keeping it real here,

Cheers,

Aaron

I completely disagree!

You obviously havent been in the MSFS forums

Each issue is being discusses hundreds of times in repeated threads (together with thousands of unexisting issues or user caused)

Even if MSFS team reads them 24hs they wouldnt be able to read them all

Then they are being reported at Zendesk

No MSFS team has time to come to flightsim.com forum and read your pleas

This is not a forum to report Bugs, or if you do it will have no effect

Here we can help each other when its a user lack of knowledge or workarounds to existing bugs that will still allow you to fly and enjoy in the meantime, while learning something in the process

Kapitan

In Dev Mode, open one of the menu tabs on top left (im. Ot at pc right now) and the “display fps” will show ticked, unchecke it to make it go away, close the sim. Switch back to normal mode, apply and save. Restart

And I ll say more regarding this

For years (if not more than a decade) PMDG which is an expensive payware instructed simmers that they had to start first with a default plane, then load the pmdg because of a FSX bug

Kapitan