Is Flightsim.com against MSFS ? Nope!

Kapitan

Hi

am I mistaken to think that flightsim.com and other sites are sort of tolerant or happy with trollers campaigning against MSFS?

Remember if we should do this kind of thing a year ago in P3D FSX or XP or traditional sponsors of products like they do today in MSFS forums anyone would be suspended immediately, specially since they are fan users of other versions and dont own the new sim. They go there specifically to stall it, its not just a free opinion, have their say and go away, they remain and fuel their jealousy towards the new sim instead of going back to the forum of their preferred version or just fly and have fun.

I believe unsympathy by site owners towards MSFS is because websites are realizing addons will be channeled elsewhere?, thats why they need the other sims on top to sell their addons and ads?

Its just a perception . Its a private forum, I know

thanks

K

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I think the problem is more complicated than you realize. I have been a moderator in another forum, and it is hard to deal with folks that are not quite trolls, but display poor social skills, or that are just overbearing, or that get a "bee in their bonnet" so to speak. The genuine trolls just disappear after a few days, but other folks may be helpful on other threads. Sometimes a person just unloads on someone because they had a bad day, they may even regret the bitter remarks, but are too stubborn to apologize. The mods have a tough job. They can't police everything at all hours. Even if they lock something, recalcitrant posters will often interject their voices in other threads. I think Nels wants this to succeed!! Just keep patiently pointing out solutions, and the detractors will eventually grow tired of the incessant sniping and disappear! Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I think Nels wants this to succeed!!

Can't speak for Nels, but I want to see the sim succeed. Pretty sure he does too.

Another point to keep in mind is that many are frustrated by the issues with the sim and do want to enjoy it. Many paid well over $100 only to have issues with the installation, and then run into more bugs in the sim itself when they do get it installed. Yes, these issues are being fixed in the patches, but I do think it was released too early. And the lack of good documentation being included with the sim was also a poor choice.

• Founder
Hi

am I mistaken to think that flightsim.com and other sites are sort of tolerant or happy with trollers campaigning against MSFS?

You are definitely mistaken.

May I suggest to you, and this applies to others who spend a lot of time in the forums, that you need to get out of the forums and look at the rest of this web site. We've been endlessly promoting MSFS for the past year, both with official material from Microsoft but also third party news and products. We've run a large number of articles/videos, all of which have been primarily positive.

My personally opinion is that MSFS was released too early and without sufficient testing. But it's out now and what's done is done. I expect that the developers behind it will continue to provide fixes and updates until it's right; they owe it to the million people who have already purchased. Those who jumped in and bought on or near day 1 are enjoying both the pain and pleasure of being early adopters.

May I suggest to you, and this applies to others who spend a lot of time in the forums, that you need to get out of the forums and look at the rest of this web site. We've been endlessly promoting MSFS for the past year, both with official material from Microsoft but also third party news and products. We've run a large number of articles/videos, all of which have been primarily positive.

My personally opinion is that MSFS was released too early and without sufficient testing. But it's out now and what's done is done. I expect that the developers behind it will continue to provide fixes and updates until it's right; they owe it to the million people who have already purchased. Those who jumped in and bought on or near day 1 are enjoying both the pain and pleasure of being early adopters.

Thats True! I have seen many pre-release news and articles

Also true is the new sim has many bugs. About early release correct also.

Personally Im glad it was early and I am able to fly, help fill the issue list so they are resolved faster than with Beta testers

That causes us to spend a lot of time in Forums, both here and elsewhere, learning workarounds, helping others, checking if really a bug or user related

quote ftldave

It has nothing to do with turning blind or deaf to problems

Its about some users from other versions "in a campaign", not merely comparing, but bashing and repeating the same posts (copy/paste) in different threads in a clear troll fashion. Something that in the past would be inhibited by mods.

and i brought the subject up because the new sim also brings new developing horizons that are very unclear so far and marketing strategies of concern...reason for which some other devs/sites wish to keep versions on top to hold all markets, lets not be naive

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

The technology incorporated by MSFS is the future of flight simulators. Generic flight simulator websites should be all over this platform (as is flightsim.com) with the renewed world wide interest in the hobby. The positive aspects of the sim far out way the negative threads appearing on the various forums and websites. MSFS is clearly excelling based on sales and a thriving marketplace within the sim.

The technology incorporated by MSFS is the future of flight simulators. Generic flight simulator websites should be all over this platform (as is flightsim.com) with the renewed world wide interest in the hobby. The positive aspects of the sim far out way the negative threads appearing on the various forums and websites. MSFS is clearly excelling based on sales and a thriving marketplace within the sim.

Eventually it will be the future.

But now, it's not,

As the myriad of criticisms show. It's just not ready yet.

Give it a year or so, and several more oatches, and we can all hope to be proved wrong.

I'm not leaving P3D yet!

One other thing to consider is that back when FSX came out (and other version before it), we had some of the same kind of bashing/trolling/complaining/mine's_better_than_yours, though perhaps not to quite the same degree, and it eased off after a time.

Also, plainsman and Nels have very good outlooks/reasons above, along with some others.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!