Historic Jet Liners Group

casey jones

I will try and be as short and effective as possible. Is anyone here a member of HJG? Today,

I registered with HJG the site is so complicated as to trying to get help for a paint question

I gave up after trying to find a portal that would take me where someone could allow my

question to be registered and resolved. I back here in hope that someone maybe a member

HJG and can help me. The 707-120V7 has a paint for 707-121 Boeing Airplane Company

Texture. I have attemped to use this paint it will not work no matter how many times I

have done it over and over. In my opinon This texture will not work. HJG does a find job

and I love their work but trying to get through someone for me is impossible. There is

so many portals and I click on one for the forum it says cannot posts, am a registered

User. I have no where else to go for help.

Casey

Casey, not sure what link you're using but their download site is not the same as the "discussion" one. I always use this one to sign into and can post a question in any forum. You perhaps would use the Boeing one.. https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com

If you're registered, sign in is in the upper right hand corner..Super people there. I'm sure they will be able to help you sort that livery out.. Let us know how it worked out...blue skies...Terry

Edited by simtech95209

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Hi,

I just added it to my 707-120v7 with no problems.

First, copy the folder

texture.boeing_airplane_company_707-121_n708pa_1958

from the zip file and paste it into your HJG Boeing 707-120 v7 folder (or whatever you named this plane's folder).

Do you have any other liveries for this plane already or is this your first one? Do a search for fltsim within this cfg file to confirm that this is the first livery.

If the first one:

Copy and paste the following into the aircraft.cfg file, just below the line:

// Copyright Historic Jetliners Group. No uploading of HJG materials to any website without prior approval.

Here is what to copy and paste:

[fltsim.0] // Change "xx" to next number in sequence starting from 0

title=HJG B707-120 Boeing Demonstrator N708PA 1958

sim=B707-120

model=04

panel=

sound=

texture=boeing_airplane_company_707-121_n708pa_1958

kb_checklists=boeing707-120_check

kb_reference=boeing707-120_ref

visual_damage=1

description=HJG Boeing 707-120. Repaint By Ben Hartmann Of HJG. Copyright HJG 2008.

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=707-120

ui_variation=Boeing (1958)

atc_id=N708PA

atc_airline=BOEING

atc_flight_number=707

atc_heavy=0

atc_parking_codes=AAL

atc_parking_types=GATE,CARGO,RAMP

If this is not the first livery for this plane, paste the above section into the aircraft.cfg file directly below the last fltsim section present. Then number it one higher than the one above it. THEY MUST BE IN EXACT NUMERICAL ORDER, TOP TO BOTTOM.

Now look in FS2004 under Select Aircraft/Boeing/707-120/Boeing (1958). Hopefully it will be there.

If not, confirm that these files/folders are inside the 707-120's folder:

model.04 folder

B707-120.air file

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

"THANK YOU" Tom, Terry, and Dirk .... for attempting to help :)

The first of all .... he needs to "register on the HJG forum" in order to obtain technical support.

HJG can't easily, and doesn't normally, provide technical assistance outside its own forum .... simply because the forum, and website, is where all of its resource/expertise is located .... as it is I only stumbled upon this query this morning and by pure accident or fortune.

I see the OP ("CASIE JONES") has successfully registered on the HJG forum (2 days ago I believe), but, he has yet to post his query.

Using the HJG forum is no different than, any other PROBOARDS facilitated forum .... once registered all one needs do is enter their own "USERNAME" and "PASSWORD" in order to log-in .... and upon doing so then one's "IN" and able to communicate to with HJG and vice-versa :)

As the B707 is a "BOEING" aircraft subject .... technical support for it, and its related files, should be posted within the "BOEING" section of the HJG forum. The reason HJG insists queries for its simulatios be posted within applicable aircraft type specific forum sub sections is to accumulate all experience and knowledge of each simulation within the appropriate forum support sections .... for the benefit of other users in the future.

For HJG to properly assist resolving his apparent issue .... he needs to state "precisely what aircraft base pack/s, texture/s, panel/s, and sound pack/s he's using" .... along with "which version of FS he's using" also .... and and he additionally needs to "state clearly and precisely what he's doing, or has done, that's resulted in the difficulty he's encountered".

The HJG B707/B720 files are all FS2004 compatible .... and FSX portable without too any known issues.

Issues can arise though if files aren't installed correctly.

In regard to accessing HJG files .... it must be understood all aircraft base packs are avialable within (at the top of) each aircraft type texture downloads section. As there are mutiple versions of the B707 each aircraft type version (of it) is located within its own separate section on the groups downloads page .... along with its supporting base pack too. By virtue of the fact that each/most B707 versions perform differently (varying weights and engine thrust primarily), the supporting FDE for each aircraft version is necessarily "different" .... and which, by necessity, requires textures, panels, and sounds to each be assigned to "the correct/intended aircraft type specific base packs" .... or performance issues might result.

This's the way HJG has compiled and presented all of the many simulations it currently offers and for the past 20 years/since 2000. It's a system that's been proven to work well all this time .... provided end users have some understanding of the aircraft types that interest them of course .... and which is indeed the case for by far the majority of users.

The HJG B707 Panels/Gauges, Sound Packs, and EFFECTS files are each separate again .... being located within the "BOEING PANELS, BOEING SOUNDS" and "EFFECTS" sections of HJG's downloads page.

Everything's both clearly and correctly listed/presented .... as well as being quite easy to assemble and install too.

HJG don't provide complete model, panel/gauge, sound, texture, and effects packages .... it doesn't believe in forcing bulks potentially large and unwanted files upon users (people therefore select what they specifically want/need) and nor does it provide auto-installers either.

Everything provided by HJG requires "manual installation" (a very easy and straight-forward process) .... which does admittedly require/assume people have basic knowledge in regard to FS file structure (which almost everyone does by now) .... and all of which complies with standard/long practiced FS installation protocols of the past 20 years.

In the event of any difficulties HJG's support team is "there to assist" (as always) .... and with a usually greater than 99% success rate.

HJG will take up this query on its own forum (where it's best able to assist) upon the OP first posting there accordingly ;)

MRC

Edited by aerofoto
additional data

Glad you appear have it sorted Casey.

Any further issues then let us know .... but .... try'n do so on the HJG forum which is where all the necessary resources and expertise is located to best be able to assist people a lot more quickly ;)

Bear in mind also that the HJG B707/720 and C-135 flight lines are currently undergoing FDE upgrades .... with quite a bit of work still yet to be competed as time permits and given the large number of subjects being attended to ....

https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9327/tweaking-120-family-members

https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9817/135-modifications

MRC