Duplicate community folders

When I installed I directed program to D drive. It also installed some files C. All of the guidance here for installing add ons says to go to C and follow the paths till you get to community. I’ve installed numerous add ons which all work. I just discovered that on my D drive I have a community folder full of all the same add ons. Is the C version necessary? What is necessary on C?

Yes, the C version is needed by Windows. Do not remove it! Windows has that goofy Library File structure, so that files appear to be in multiple places. The stuff on the C drive is like a directory to the actual install. In fact, if you put something in the C drive Community folder, it WILL also appear on the installed drive Community folder.

Like your Document, Pictures or Music folders aren't actual files of those, it's just a reference to the real location of the those kinds of files.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Open Start go to the MSFS app settings click on "Move" and select your D drive

It happened with me, the first tine at install it didnt install all the files in D, Move it as above and the double community folders disappear

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Doesn't the folder.JPG folder symbol mean that the folder is actually on another drive?

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI